I posted this in the gear and accessories forums about 3 or 4 days ago, but I got no response. So i was hoping that people in the GB&C forum has more knowledge about speakers, power, and a generally better understanding of audio signals. but here goes...

Alright I recently got an eq pedal and was fairly happy with the results, and a buddy of mine told me that if you put it in the effects loop you can get some pretty badass boosts in the frequencies, and i was going to build a treble boosted overdrive pedal, but after doing this I really dont need to anymore, haha...

but i'm worried about the power. On the send and receive ports each of them has a little volume pot, or knob. Basically I have two questions...

firstly - if I put the receive port volume up (after the signal goes through the effects loop and goes to the speak) you can get some really loud volume boosts, but can this blow out my pedal, or blow out my speaker? it seems logical that if I send to much volume or power it could blow...

and secodly messing with the different combinations of the sending and receiving volumes could you get different sound or tones, or make the boosted frequencies cause more distortion etc...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Q1: Sure, you could blow the pedal, the speaker, the effects loop, or any combination thereof. If you start hearing a crappy, raspy sound, turn it down. It all depends on the circuitry you have there.

Q2: Sure, and again, it depends on the particular circuitry you are using.
cool thanks. Now I play with my amp pretty heavily attenuated in my room, but whenever I jam with friends i'll make sure to tone down the signal going to the speakers just to be on the safe side
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial