of all the basses I've played that was second worst.
try for Ibanez GSR200. I've never met someone who didn't like.
oh, and check the FAQ. they got all ya need.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Stay away from the Deans. Stick with Ibanez or something similar.
Quote by pwrmax

Hey, not all Deans are crap. I have a Dean Edge 4-string and love the thing. its probably one of the better basses ive played.

Sure, the zone series guitars/basses are horrible, but that doesnt make all dean products bad
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Id agree with the people who are reccomending the Ibanez GSR 200s, theyre great basses. Ive been playing about four years, albeit not a lot of the time, and have had a Stagg for two and the Ibanez for the last two years. The Ibanez was about twice the price but it is a lot nicer to play and is way more than twice the bass the Stagg was. And ive no plans to replace the Ibanez yet either, its just a really comfortable bass to use.

It does cost twice as much as the dean, but seeing as the gsr is a common bass, you could probably get a good second hand one in a good guitar store. Have a look around and try out some basses though. and the FAQ thread has a list of the top ten beginner basses in the third and fourth posts, just incase you havent seen it yet. It would be wise to try those basses and see what one suits you best. After all, you will be wanting to be able to use and enjoy the bass for a good few years, otherwise your as well spending it on something else. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737491
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Last edited by twowheels at May 4, 2008,
Quote by pwrmax

I agree, Ibanez or squier are much better value for money for a beginner bass.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
http://www.rondomusic.com/bassguitars4.html ?

Great instruments, which will be backed up by a lot of people I imagine.

I have a fretless model that I got for about $150 CDN that plays way better than any Fender MIM (at about a 1/4 of the cost) and I have heard nothing but good things about their other basses.
I've never tried the rondomusic selections, but I also have heard good things.

I personally would go with a low end Ibanez Soundgear. Some of the best cheap stock pickups out there, just a great deal all around.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
ibanez gsr200 is a really great bass
or a VM squier wich is like 10 times better for just 50$-70$ more
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I have that exact dean TS posted, idk if it was just the guy i bought it from or what but that was a terrible bass, everything about it. I would listen to what these other guys are suggesting because IMO that bass is just terrible.