I have a strat and I want to mod my guitar and I need some help.
What I plan to do is phase/outofphase, series/parallel and on/off switch plus a tone control for each pickup.
My only question is if I wire the tone controls before the on/off switch will the ground affect the tone of the other pickups when off?
I checked this and it seems they are not grounded:
http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/sw1a.php
GuitarNuts.com - Individual Pickup Selection

Can I do that?
Can you just give your opinion? I already went searching over the net with no answers.
I just want to know if it's worth it (better using one master tone control?) and possible.
Thanks.
If you have the space to do it, I'd say it's worth it. With individual tone controls, you can fine tune the sound of each pickup. Although, a master tone control is easier to work it.

Yes, it is possible.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Well, here's my 2 cents, as you Yanks say :P

I find it more useful to have a volume control for each pickup, then a shared tone.. if at all.

If you're worried about running out of space in your control cavity, think about using push-pull pots.. with the switching section to do your phase and series/parallel.
^ and i find individual tone controls more useful. why not compromise and use stacked knobs on concentric pots, so every pickup has a tone and volume?

as for the question, i think grounding will probably have some small effect (everything does), but it wont be enough to worry about. you could just use a spst switch on the hot wire and just have it open. that should probably work to cut it off.
I once reverse wired my tone pots on my strat so the top gave my bridge tone and vice versa. Gave me a cool tone variety. Oh yea I wired it so that my bridge has tone control. xP Honestly push/pull pots would be the best space saver. Plus if you have the tools you can always carefully route some more out of the wood under wherever the pick guard covers. I did and it gave me room for a kill switch.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Thanks for the tips.
The space won't be a problem at all, I'm planing to copy a bit the Red Special style.
I'm using the volume as a tone control plus the 2 others, compromising the volume with a simple slider.