I was listening to some of his basslines in Muse songs, and I thought he was using some really cool effects in some of the songs. I was wondering, do you guys know which pedal(s) he used for the wah part in "City of Delusion"? Also, do you guys know what pedal(s) he's using to get his tone in "Plug In Baby" and "Starlight"?

I already checked http://www.musewiki.org/Bass#Effects but when i listened to the effects pedals they had listed it didn't sound quite right on youtube

So anyways, thank you to anyone who can help me out
You've got to appreciate they probably aren't using his bass, or amp.

Or his settings. So really, judging them on what other people do with them isn't all that helpful.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
He uses a Rick so your not gonna get close unless you have one too.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Nah he uses a Rickenbacher and Fender Jazzes just for the most recent album. Previously he used Pedulla Raputre or something. I think his effects are rackmount, hooked up to a large pedalboard. I can't be sure of his exact effects though sorry.
he uses a rick for some songs, a j-bass for others
he has a big muff
he uses two marshall amps, he splits the signal to have a clean amp and a muffed amp
it's pretty interesting, very planned, not thrown together like some set ups.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
To be honest, his enormous **** off rig means that to get that sound you need to either be him, or 4 million pounds...
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
he also uses a custom 8 string manson sometimes when i saw muse he had a wall of marshalls behind him not very helpful but meh i dont think anyone will actually ever be able to re create muses tone
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by TJ1991
To be honest, his enormous **** off rig means that to get that sound you need to either be him, or 4 million pounds...

he can try though, get something close and find his own , equally lovely tone on his own.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Nutter_101
You've got to appreciate they probably aren't using his bass, or amp.

Or his settings. So really, judging them on what other people do with them isn't all that helpful.

exactly. the muse wiki says his tools of deestruction. there's nothing more to it.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!