so is the fender vg really worth the price? I mean i think it would be really nice because i can't play a 12 stringer very well yet? But is it a quality stratocaster, but is still able to funtion as a tele? Somebody tell me if it is any good plz. Ty
damn it's expensive. i wouldn't know, i've never played one
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
well, the VG strat is good but if you want the modelling, you'd get much more for your money if you got a Line 6 Variax 700. The only added benefit of the VG strat is that it also has conventional pickups, though from what i've heard the passive electronics in it are sub-standard. The Variax modelling is also a lot more flexible.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
if this is like the one where it shifts tunings and sounds with the knob, i think that it really loses the character of a guitar. It's like playing a computer in my opinion :/. But hey, to each his own. I think it IS useful. Maybe a good studio guitar? I would get a regular strat, or a tele. If it's for you, though, go for it.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Quote by Blompcube
well, the VG strat is good but if you want the modelling, you'd get much more for your money if you got a Line 6 Variax 700. The only added benefit of the VG strat is that it also has conventional pickups, though from what i've heard the passive electronics in it are sub-standard. The Variax modelling is also a lot more flexible.

+1 and with the money you save minimum get a decent EQ. The Variax loves a good EQ. It also likes a PA I got a cheap Phonics for the acoustic stuff and I A/B switch it through an XTL and a Valve Jr for the electric models (something about the tubes in the Vj really add warmth to the electronics). Very impressive for songs that require acoustic and electric leads.

What really made me decide on the Variax was the difference in the 12 string models between it and the VG. Variax does the acoustic stuff alot better then the VG.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at May 4, 2008,