I've been playing for almost two years now so I've decided to get a new guitar. My budget is 400-500 dollars. I play garage rock, indie, and some post rock...and sometimes metal.

I've played (mexican) Teles and Strat HSS, Epiphone Les pauls, and they all aren't for me (the tele is alright.)...what should I look at?
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
if you get an extra hundred i say try out a fender jaguar HH. You'll either love it or hate it. Or keep browsing for teles. For your style, try to stay away from Ibanez RGs and Jacksons. Try an Epiphone SG as well.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
i think you should look into ibanez S-Series
great allround guitars
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
Quote by SideshowRaven24
if you get an extra hundred i say try out a fender jaguar HH. You'll either love it or hate it. Or keep browsing for teles. For your style, try to stay away from Ibanez RGs and Jacksons. Try an Epiphone SG as well.

yeah i think an Epi SG would suit your style from what you said.
I have an Epiphone SG actually...

Ibanez? That's kind of more of a metal guitar isn't it?
Gear-
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
yeah, the rg's and s's are great guitars, but they're more for metal and hi-gain shred. not for post-rock.
I personally don't like Ibanez guitars...
a Fender Jaguar HH or an Epi SG would be a best shot...they're light but cool sounding.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
yeah Ibanez's tends to be assosiated with metal... but if you happen to see an old used Roadstar that would be about your price range and might suit your needs.
Paul Reed Smith SE, but you might have to look used, they run around 600 new
I'll look at the HH Jag, it sounds nice. It's the one with all the switches correct?
Gear-
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
^^^
Correct. +2 points
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
If your flexible money wise then try an epiphone les paul custom, there suppose to be very good for the price. The cheapest ive seen them new is about £330 ($660) but you could probaly get one for about $400 2nd hand.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by rockdan101
If your flexible money wise then try an epiphone les paul custom, there suppose to be very good for the price. The cheapest ive seen them new is about £330 ($660) but you could probaly get one for about $400 2nd hand.

Eh I don't like epiphone les pauls...the pickups are bad and the neck is so so.
Gear-
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1