i'm trying to stay diverse in the types of music i play, so when i write i can incorperate different kinds of music into my writing, but i don't listen to much metal, so im asking for some beginner to intermediate level metal songs i should give a shot
Turquoise Team Beasts!
Quote by webbtje
Tuning? Any preference on it actually being true metal or not?

Define "true metal".
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Not metalcore, nu metal, alternative metal, whatever. Because that's what most of the easy stuff is, and I can rec plenty of that.
Most Metallica songs.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Walk by Pantera anyone who has any rhythm can play this.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Quote by webbtje
Tuning? Any preference on it actually being true metal or not?

actually i dont really care much about the tuning, but i usually only play standard, Eb, or drop D

and no real preference on true metal or not, just something heavy, i want something far on the other end of the spectrum from RHCP and Skynyrd and such
Turquoise Team Beasts!
Frayed Ends of Sanity, The Shortest Straw, The Thing that should not be, and most other Metallica.
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Slayer has some good metal songs, not in crazy tunings either. Try to give some of their music a shot.
Symphony of destruction by megadeath is pretty easy. the end of heartache by killswitch engage. Orion and Ronnie both by metallica i dont kno if u would consider ronnie metal though.
for simple metal songs you cant go wrong with Rammstein.
they have good chord progressions, but typically they are simple, but are fun to play.
For Whom The Bell Tolls is Metallica's simplest Metal song I think....There are quite a few Metallica songs that are simple but fun to play.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
War Pigs by Black Sabbath is pretty easy, Metallica's One is pretty easy if you can two hand tap the guitar solos.

Raining Blood by Slayer is pretty easy people just think it's hard because it was hard on Guitar Hero 3.
Quote by chinkboy7
Raining Blood by Slayer is pretty easy people just think it's hard because it was hard on Guitar Hero 3.

i've heard that it was hard on a real guitar from friends who play GH3, it made me want to cry : - (
The end to the intro of Raining Blood is pretty darn fast...I wouldn't label that easy.
Agreed, it takes practice. It's not a song you can play without a lot of practice.
I highly, HIGHLY recommend Paschendale by Iron Maiden and For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica. Those were the first metal songs I learned in their entirety.
Some black sabbath songs are pretty easy, like Iron Man, War Pigs, Paranoid. Many people learn crazy train as a first metal song too.

And raining blood would definitely take some serious practice, i'm still getting the fast raining part up to speed.