Okay, my AP english exam is 4 days away, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I should study, or any help in general for preparation, specifically the multiple choice questions. thanks.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
AP Lit and Comp? Me too.

The essay section is going to ask you broad, general questions and expect you to respond to these questions using examples and details from books you've read this year in class. So log on to Sparknotes and refresh your memory on everything you read.

As for everything else, I really don't think there's much to study. I doubt you can improve your grammar or ability to analyze poetry in 4 days. Just do your best.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm taking this class next year. :-(. R.I.P. free time.
Quote by i'm a noob
is there a website with the location of dealers? i mean, i want to try weed for the first time, but none of my friends do it or anything, and i don't know where to get it. For safety purposes you might want to PM me.
I think if you haven't already been preparing in class there isn't much you can do now. but i'm sure you could ask your english teacher for help, if you aren't doing anything about the APs in class.
On the subject, I'm currently writing a philosophy paper on human nature and how it relates to LOTF. It's sucking the soul out of me. Having a pregnant, strict English teacher is not fun at all.
Quote by i'm a noob
is there a website with the location of dealers? i mean, i want to try weed for the first time, but none of my friends do it or anything, and i don't know where to get it. For safety purposes you might want to PM me.
Quote by tinblimp9340
I'm taking this class next year. :-(. R.I.P. free time.

Lol, it's probably just my teacher, but I didn't do anything all year. Other than the quarterly essays, I've spent very little effort to maintain an A.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Lol, it's probably just my teacher, but I didn't do anything all year. Other than the quarterly essays, I've spent very little effort to maintain an A.

I'm a sophomore at them moment, and I've heard that this class is easier than my current English class. I think it's more or less the teachers that make the class easy though.
Quote by i'm a noob
Quote by tinblimp9340
I'm a sophomore at them moment, and I've heard that this class is easier than my current English class. I think it's more or less the teachers that make the class easy though.

Probably. My teacher is cool, but very disorganized. We have interesting discussions but very little written work.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
the only thing you can do is look at sparknotes like Xiaoxi said, or study literary terms
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
i wouldn't necessarily say it's easy. it's a crap load of work. but if you're good in english it shouldn't be too bad.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
It's not bad at all, I took both Language and Comp and Literature and Comp and got a 4 on both. Don't memorize terms such as "assonance" and "cacophony" and throw them out there, just talk about the poems and passages from a more thematic standpoint.
I didn't study at all for the Language test last year, and I got a 5.

I don't plan on studying for any of the three that I have this year, either. Honestly, the AP Test is not a big deal.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
is there anything that could help me do better on the multiple choice besides practice?
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Just read a lot.

I didn't do the homework, practice, or do anything extraneous besides being really well-read, and I got an easy 5.
My God, it's full of stars!
cheat or just skip the test. The AP test isn't mandatory unless u want college cred..
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by Dreadnought
Just read a lot.

I didn't do the homework, practice, or do anything extraneous besides being really well-read, and I got an easy 5.

Bitch, I actually prepared and though I did well, and I got a 3. But then again I got a 5 on my calc exam which I didn't really prepare for. Either way they both got me out of taking classes now that I'm in college. Yay for AP credits!

For the multiple choice, be able to identify forms of figurative speech, meter, rhyme, etc... As I remember it thats what was mostly on the multiple choice section.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
The college don't give a shit about the books you've read in class this year.
The essays come in multiple forms that I pray to Gawd you already know about: the DBQ, the DCQ, rhetorical strategy, argument analysis, etc.
Some of the prompts are going to require outside evidence, and that's where books you've read in class may be applicable. But you're also supposed to rely on your knowledge of American culture and current events for such.
But no prompts are going to make "broad statements." AP is very specific; the College Boards knows exactly what they want you to say, and if you read carefully, you'll pick up on it.

If you don't know the rhetorical strategies and such by now, there's not much you can do about that.
With the essays, remember to use the correct format and such. Claim, evidence, analysis, evidence, analysis. Really work the analysis, because if you make a claim and either don't back it up or just leave it hanging, the AP readers won't care a bit.

Multiple choice is purely practice. Have you worked out a good number of questions to skip so as to reduce your penalty? You just have to figure out exactly what the question is asking and identify it in the passage.

The books you read throughout the year aren't highly applicable to the test. Yes, some of them (the Jungle, Great Gatsby) could end up as outside evidence in your essays, but that's about it. They're more used to develop reading strategies and work on analysis than to give you a head start on the test.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm missing a lot I'm ssure. Sorry for the wall of text.
DOWN&OUT
Mm, I have the same question about the AP US History test. Anyone taken it here before? How is it?
Quote by PinkIsCool
Yes, but it's a FACT that most metal artists have more musicainship and technical skill than pretty much all rappers.
I've taken the released versions from previous years and found it pretty easy. On the multiple choice section, make sure you're skipping questions you know you'll get wrong so as to reduce your penalty. With the essays, they're pretty straight forward; just don't get tripped up by the DBQ, which is different from the DBQ in Lit. and in World History.
DOWN&OUT