im not bashing pink floyd, but they are supposedly the 'masters', and yet i have heard some of their music and it seems to be very... pointless. the song intros are weird noises that last for about 5 minutes, and the songs themselves i personally dont think are that great (but thats my opinion) but i dont hear anything special in their music, regardless of whether i like them or not. best band ever? i think not

opinions?
Maybe you could ask the Pink Floyd thread, I'm sure they'd be glad to tell you.

*reported*
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Oh lawds.

*Reported*
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Random3
opinions?

Everyone has a different opinion on what they like...

And try listening to some other of their songs, like Time, Wish you were Here, learning to fly, mother or another brick in the wall.

*reported*

edit: too slow =(
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I love them, I'm sure everyone can at least find one song they like by them they have so much variety

What songs have you been listening to?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
It was written by people on LSD, therefore it should be listened to by people on LSD only.

*hides behind flameshield*

EDIT: Mods, please don't warn/ban me, I was a tad late and didn't notice this has already been reported.

DOUBLEEDIT: I just realised that I sound like a pansy.
Last edited by TheQuailman at May 4, 2008,
I prefer their Syd Barrett years. They do sometimes overdo it on the sound effects.

I think they're really good, but there are a lot of pointless areas on their albums I tend to ignore.
Quote by killadelphia222
They were brilliant, you phail at life.

Precisely. This guys got it right... TS, please go to the dollar store and upgrade your musical taste, for the love of god. And the Floyd...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
*reported*
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."