How many of you have tried the "towel trick" on a dead xbox360?? And how long did the fix work, if it did??
Haven't tried it, but my friend did it and it worked for another week or summat.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
I tried it, it works for a few weeks but then all goes horribly wrong. Basically your console melts together inside, and nothing works. Just send it to get repaired if it is 3 red lights, much cheaper than a new 360.

Also, here in the UK there is a 3 year warranty for 3 red light fixes (free for 3 years), might be the same in the US.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

yeah, it worked for me last night. Now I just have to see how long it will last. Anybody know any retail stores that repair xbox? I dont feel like waiting weeks to send it to Microsoft.
Quote by rockabilly1955
yeah, it worked for me last night. Now I just have to see how long it will last. Anybody know any retail stores that repair xbox? I dont feel like waiting weeks to send it to Microsoft.

Mine took 4 days to be fixed by Micro$oft.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

it only lasts for a week or so, send it in while you can.

if you have the red rings of death, send it to microsoft for free.
you could bring it to a computer type store, but they wont do it for free.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Don't play with wet towels, if you do make sure you have something covering your testicles.

...oh, yeah friend tried it and it worked for a bit longer.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
don't send it to microsoft. they've given me nothing but hell twice now.
i STILL don't have my xbox back and i sent it in feb. 11th. they keep giving me the runaround, lying to me about my xbox status, and won't return it to me. almost the same thing happened to me last year the FIRST time i sent in their purposefully defective product.
Quote by killadelphia222
What's the towel trick?

turn it on, cover it in towels for about 10-20 minutes. It melts some of the sodering back together, usually fixes whatever is broken. However, after a week or so, it starts to really screw with the 360. The towel tricks true usefullness is if you dont have the red rings of death. B/c microsoft only covers the red rings of death on the warranty, the towel trick can be used to go from a random problem not covered by warranty plauging the 360, to a red ring of death warranty covered issue.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by cthuludawn21
i STILL don't have my xbox back and i sent it in feb. 11th. they keep giving me the runaround, lying to me about my xbox status, and won't return it to me. almost the same thing happened to me last year the FIRST time i sent in their purposefully defective product.

thats exactly why I would just prefer to take it to a local shop. I got it for free anyways cuz my bro bought a ps3. So I don't mind paying for the repair.
my xbox broke and i did the towel trick and it only lasts for about a day. Try googlizing "xbox penny trick". I did that and its worked fine ever since.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by cthuludawn21

Oh yea

because nasty little microsoft, a multi-billion pound company is scheming to get your xbox away from you
My 360's gpu overheated after playing GTA IV for about an hour. Apparently they have to send you a box just so you can send it back to them. I came home to a box that looked like it was involved in the Running of the Bulls.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by cthuludawn21

happened to me i just bought a ps3
Wow, I'm noticing an increase in threads regarding 360's breaking. Are PS3's better?
Quote by lolcats
Wow, I'm noticing an increase in threads regarding 360's breaking. Are PS3's better?

Probably in reliability. Apparently, Microsoft has wisened up and is now making the Xbox's with better quality parts