Not sure if this would go here, but do you think Ants Of The Sky by Between The Buried And Me would be a good song to begin sweeping on? I'd probably do it at 1/4 time first, then gradually get faster as i progress. I didn't know any other good song that had sweeping in them that wasn't very complicated. Just wondering what UG thinks.
Yeah man, Ants of the sky pretty much kicks ass.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
There is a post in this forum that has some really good arpeggios to start with, its been helping me anyway.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Serrana by Jason Becker.

You don't need to force your opinion on him.

That song kicks ass. Also try the intro to Alaska, and then the outro to Selkies if you're ready to really kick it up a notch.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
You don't need to force your opinion on him.

That song kicks ass. Also try the intro to Alaska, and then the outro to Selkies if you're ready to really kick it up a notch.

Quote by diminishedtobme

I didn't understand either.

Do the solo in Selkies. It'll be a better exercise than Ants of the Sky, which has arpeggios scattered throughout the song. The Selkies solo is basically just 5 string sweeps at a moderate speed. Also, the intro to Ants of the Sky is pretty fast.

If you're crazy, try the intro to Riders by Outworld.
Riders 0_o
The guy in that video goes at the speed of light but i still cant help but notice it sounds a bit sloppy.
What about serrana?i found the fingering a bit tricky but it teaches a few odd shapes that are good for practice.
^the actual song for Riders is probably simply a bit fast as a starter song for sweeping. the 5 string shapes in it, if at full speed are the same as what he plays slow average somewhere around 19 notes per second. A better idea for something by Rusty Cooley would be the sweeping section of The Butcher.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=epQDhhcH_cs&feature=related

There's rusty playing riders.
Quote by diminishedtobme

Sorry about that. I was tired.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by diminishedtobme
Serrana by Jason Becker.

How is that a starting sweep picking song?

I would say thunderhorse by dethklok
The intro to "Alaska" is what I'm learning on, it's a lot of fun and not too hard. Though I'm not even past 130bpms yet so I really shouldn't talk.