I don't know much about pedals but is there a bass pedal with more then one effect on it? I need distortion on one song and fuzz on the other can someone name me some reliable brands? or a single pedal with perhaps both?
boss ME-50B or GT-6B

or boss ODB-3 and a big muff?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
boss makes the ME20B. It has overdrive and distortion, but has no official fuzz (but some nice fuzzy tones)
also it has wah, auto wah, chorus, reverb, octave, delay, compression, and a couple other things.
what you want is a multi effects pedal. my Boss is good, don't get the Digitech one. try not to spend less than 130 american $ on it new.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I've grabbed a second hand Zoom B2 - It is still working like a charm and carries many different effects, although I'm not sure about half of them. Got it for $100AUS second hand...value for money IMO
I know I sound cheap but I went for the Zoom B1 Multi-Effects Pedal. They are great value in my opinion because I got it on eBay for £30. It has 40 effects including 3 overdrives and one pretty good fuzz that are changeable in many ways, a built-in (quite crap, but useful) drum machine for practising rhythm and a tuner. Not bad.

It really depends on how much you play and for what reasons. If you play lots and professianally then go for Boss and the aforementioned but if you just like to play around with the effects or are only just starting off on the profession ladder then the Samson Zoom range are good value for money.

Hope that helps.
BlahBlahBlah
why get cheap gear now? if you're at the 'I want a pedal' stage you shouldn't be getting cheap gear. especially if you want it to do a lot of things for you, as opposed to just distortion or echo.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Or really, you could possibly go with the BOSS ODB-3, and use it to get both effects. Depending on how you dial it in, it can be quite versatile. It takes a lot of playing around with though, so keep that in mind.

Wow, I'm having deja vu here.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Electronix Messdrive and a Fulltone Bassdrive. I have a Messdrive it's basically a bass boosted Big Muff, and I'm getting a Fulltone this summer.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Multifx pedals = bad. (In general).

You'd be best off getting two separate pedals.

untrue. just not as versatile when compared tone for tone with a normal pedal for that one thing.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Well, good multifx pedals do indeed exist. They just cost a lot more than most of the crap ones, which still cost too much.

I personally like having single, analog pedals, not just for the quality and dynamic of that one effect, but for a sort of authenticity of what I'm doing. There's still plenty of room in the world for multis though, if you know what the hell you're doing.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
I have two friends that have the Boss ME-50...if the bass version is anywhere near as good, you'll be happy with it for quite a while.
Nope, no sig here.
I have a boss BF-3 [flanger] and although it sounds pretty kickass, the one effect isn't that great, sounds awesome coupled with other things though.

So.. Stay away from flangers unless you have something you can couple with it.
Overdrive is alright if you don't go crazy with it.
Chorus pedals IMO are awesome.

These are just from personal experience.