Hi UGers... I'm looking for a cheap cab right now and I have my mind settled for a Valveking cabinet... I know it isn't the best and I should spend more on this stuff but all I can spend is 400 bucks... can you think of a better cab in this price range? thanks in advance
I am looking for a cab as well. There are many things to consider when deciding on a decent cabinet. Of course type of speakers and then the materials used to constuct the cabinet.

In short...if you want a 400 dollar "name brand" cabinet - you will be looking at something used, unless it is really of poor quality (think MG.)

If you want a new cab that is buit well, but lack a big-time name...think about AVATAR; LOPO and even Carvin.

Of course how many speakers you need/desire is important. For instance, if you have a 100watt head you don't want a 2x12 greenback loaded cabinet - as it will splode.
Quote by abyss257
Are you looking for a 4x12 or what? I will be getting a Vader 2x12 really soon... so you may want to look up that.

www.vadercabinets.com

Yes. I'm looking for a 4x12
Quote by cedaguol

The VK cab is pretty much garbage. You'd be a lot better off getting a 2x12 from Avatar with a couple speakers you recognize in it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by cedaguol

I honestly hate to say it, but you really don't need a 4x12. I sold mine because it was a bitch to lug and after awhile starts to hurt you back. I bought a Mesa Road King 2x12 with the money from the cab and it sounds much better too. I honestly wouldn't ever lug a 4x12 again.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
maybe a used 1960?
what head do you have
or also maybe a used marshall mc too i've heard those are good for budgets
of course avatar also
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
you don't need a 4x12, a 2x12 will do look at avatar or look for used cabinets on craigslist
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar