Hey, I treated myself to a new beautiful Levi's strap today and a set op Dunlop Straploks (for me bass!), but the the top end of the strap (that goes near the neck) the strap is too think to fit the Straplok

You see the straplok works like this (for those who aren't familiar)

____
/____\ - top of straplok (with pushbutton for release)
--|-- - strap
====== - large metal ring to match the top and underneath that a small
BBBBBBBBB C-shaped metal ring to keep everything in place.
BBBBBBBBB - bass

Hope that clears it up a bit. My problem is, basically, that the C-shaped ring should go in a niche just below the strap, but the strap is so thick that it covers the niche. Any solutions besides... sanding down my Strap to make it less thick? :/
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Oh, it'll fit.

Get some pliers and a spanner. I have... oh... $300 of Levi's straps and straplocks. They're stubborn, but it'll go.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
new strap?
grinding out part of strap lock?
pressing the strap under a desk for a week?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
make sure you're not trying to fit the strap lock in upside down, happened to me once haha!
It'll go!

I had the same problem when I bought a levi's belt ages ago, I got some strap locks too... Just be patient and it should work... Also as said above get some pliers.
Quote by thefitz
Oh, it'll fit.

Get some pliers and a spanner. I have... oh... $300 of Levi's straps and straplocks. They're stubborn, but it'll go.

+1
I breathe air.
ITS...NOT...WORKING... aaaaaargh

I think I'm actually ruining my tools
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Yeah... these straploks are a bitch to put on at first, but they are worth it. Been using them for a few years now, no problems at all.

The problem you mention is worse when the strap is brand new. All you have to do is make sure the strap lies completely flat against the washer of the straplock. I found that even the strap is upturned in the slightest, you can't get the lock in. You might have to wear in the hole in the strap to facilitate this. Just keep moving the strap around and pushing it down until it is flat.

Good luck!
Know what you mean. try opening up the hole a bit. I've got a thick padded strap and it was a nightmare!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.