whenever i play i use this pickup almost all the time, the only time i use the bridge pickup is for Palm mutes thats it. I've heard people say around the forums that its bad if you can't use the bridge pickup, i can use it, but i prefer the neck. It holds the melody so well and plus it sounds better when i solo. but really is this bad or all up to the player?
LOL
Of course it isnt!

You can get some epic tone outta the neck, but it kinda sucks for pinch harmonics and the like..

Most of my solos are done on the neck pickup
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Up to the player, when I started I used to the neck almost exclusively, but tastes in music have changed, and the bridge is better suited to some.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Well it depends on what pickups they are contrasted with what style you play. Like If you have an EMG 81 in the bridge, its obviously going to be different from a Strat single coil.
Learning to use both, however, is they key to good tone, as far as your guitar goes.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
It's greatly depends on the sound and pickup.
I myself don't even care which pickup to use as long as it gives me the sound I want.
i have a LP special II, and a fender 15R lol, yeah its bad. THe decent tone i can get out of it is through the neck pickup as of right now, until i upgrade. But i've grown to the neck pick up, its so much together, can't really explain it.
LOL
i allmoast allways play on the bridge, cuz its meh humbucker, and busent buzz as much^^
In my opinion, its better to learn on your neck pickup. It hides your mistakes and generaly makes you feel better about stuffing up cause it doesnt sound that bad.

When you're more confident, you will find yourself using your back pickup as much if not more. Your bridge pickup is where you will normaly lay your absolute screaming solo's. but the neck pickup is nice for melody work.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
My rhythm guitarist constantly uses his neck humbucker on his Les Paul for everything, and it drives me nuts. Why? Because the lead guitarist plays a Fender Strat through a small amp... mostly with the bridge pickup. Needless to say the bass drowns him out.

On the other hand, some absolutely amazing rhythm tones can be achieved with the right pickup and guitar. For example, Michael Romeo's rhythm sound on Paradise Lost.
i almost never use my neck pickup unless im playing something nice mellow and clean. in fact, im getting 2 new guitars with only bridge pickups. ultimately its whatever sound YOU want
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
I usually prefer the neck pickup, I'm a solo ***** though!

And on my strat the bridge pickup really isn't all that, need to change it for a non-harsh sound.
I use the rhythm pickup for a lot of solos, because the sound is much clearer and pronounced. Riffs and when I need to use pinch harmonics I switch to the treble pickup.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
My neck pickup isn't as hot as my bridge, like most guitars. I do lead on my bridge and my rythym on my neck. If I'm playing really mellow blues though I play exclusively on the neck.
Feed your mind.
yeah for rhythm i tend to stick to the Bridge, just palm mutting, i will practice on both. I hardly use the amp to practice, i play unplugged. If i hear a mistake i just go back a correct it and i just pick it up quick. thanks for your opinions guys!
LOL
its not bad, its just whether or when you prefer to play neck pup or bridge pup over the other
I use them both about the same amount. Here's what my usage normally is:

Rhythm playing and solos under the 12th fret: bridge
Solos 12th fret and higher: neck

EDIT: Try using both at the same time. It gives a nice tone for sweeps and stuff like that. I use it sometimes for really epic solos.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I like the neck pickup(I also use the bridge alot as well). But I don't like a whole lot of treble, and the bridge pickups have more of a treble sound to them, the neck seems a lot fuller. For cleans on my Schecter I almost exclusively use the neck pickup(EMG 89) coil tapped, sounds great.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer