Page 1 of 2
is anyone else going? if so what genre are you? i chose classic rock
"With poetry I paint the pictures that hit
More like the murals that fit
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
Sounds sick
Although I'm poor and not exactly the greatest guitarist haha! But for all those going, certainly make some threads about how it was!!
what do you think your doing for an audition song?
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
oh really? i didn't get one
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
ahh, lucky i almost got to go, but we're a bit tight on money right now. i might get to go next year, though. it sounds pretty freakin awesome, though.
____________________ ___________________
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

Quote by slashNpage77
but we're a bit tight on money right now.

thats what she said?
Quote by ( o )===#
thats what she said?

i know, i was there
____________________ ___________________
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

come on theres gotta be more people
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
I doubt many people here can shell out $7,000 to go to a five week summer program. I considered it for jazz but from what I've heard most of the best instructors aren't even there because it's in summer.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I'm almost positive I'm going. I finished my CD to apply for the scholarship to the camp, it's in my profile (first 3 songs)...

Hopefully I'll go to the 5-week one next year.

EDIT: I'll be going for Contemporary Rock... I need to send in the application real soon, though, or else I wont get in. Housing will be a bitch to find now, though.

If I end up going (which I most likely will), we should try to meet up sometime
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Last edited by 6DgOfInTb at May 14, 2008,
yeah i saw you play sax.. i'm actually really interested in starting
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
I attended college there for awhile, i heard mixed things about the summer sessions though.
i just got a sign up form in the mail

i think youngest is 15?
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
Keep in mind the summer sessions are most likely a way to get you in the door, and hopefully get you to pay even more money for the real deal. Its a sales tactic.

if its actually $7000 for 5 weeks, I would be incredibly hesitant to go.

If you have rich parents that dont mind pissing away 7 grand thats 1 thing, but if you dont and have any kind of conscience, I would at least consider whether its really worth it or not.
Quote by GuitarMunky
Keep in mind the summer sessions are most likely a way to get you in the door, and hopefully get you to pay even more money for the real deal. Its a sales tactic.

if its actually $7000 for 5 weeks, I would be incredibly hesitant to go.

when i attended berklee college of music, i only knew a few people who went to the summer sessions that ended up going to the college. i dont think the summer session is a scam or a sales tactic. although i havent really heard a whole lot of great things about it.
Quote by chea_man
when i attended berklee college of music, i only knew a few people who went to the summer sessions that ended up going to the college. i dont think the summer session is a scam or a sales tactic. although i havent really heard a whole lot of great things about it.

I didnt say scam. but it surely is a sales tactic. Doesnt mean its not worth it. But for $7000 I would at least consider it before spending your parents money.

BTW GIT used the same tactic.

So your a Berkee grad ?
im not doing the 5 weeks though, only the 1 week for guitar

hopefully i can go to the 5 weeks next summer when i am applying for colleges
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
Quote by GuitarMunky
I didnt say scam. but it surely is a sales tactic. Doesnt mean its not worth it. But for $7000 I would at least consider it before spending your parents money.

BTW GIT used the same tactic.

So your a Berkee grad ?

no sir. i transferred out of there and will probably returning there next year.
Quote by pyroyam
yeah i saw you play sax.. i'm actually really interested in starting

Yeah, sax is fun. I still want to get a lot better, though. We emailed the application in today, and now I have to mail the CD. Before the camp starts, we should try to like exchange cell phone numbers and actually make a point to meet up haha

I'm also using this as an opportunity to check out the school and see if I want to end up going there.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
Yeah, sax is fun. I still want to get a lot better, though. We emailed the application in today, and now I have to mail the CD. Before the camp starts, we should try to like exchange cell phone numbers and actually make a point to meet up haha

I'm also using this as an opportunity to check out the school and see if I want to end up going there.

sounds good man
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
Bringing this back up...I still want to know if anybody else is going. I just received good news that I was one of the ten selected to play in Boston for the finals for the Battle for Berklee scholarship to the camp!! I'm still not positive I'm going to be able attend the finals, but I think it'll get worked out.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

i have been to a few one week lessons at berklee. but not the 5 week. in the winter i take lessons from a teacher at berklee. i live like 5 minutes away from berklee in boston. its a great place to learn. i have a few friends that go there for college. but i dont hvae the cash.

if anyone wants to jam while there staying in boston PM me.
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
Man I want to live in Boston, from what I've heard it's an awesome city for musicians. How is it there? I doubt I'll have time to jam while I'm there.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

its an amazing city for musicians. about half the people i pass in the street play something. there are great shows and great little clubs to see good bands. the only problem is the city shuts down at 2 am basicly. but if ur not 21 thats not really a problem

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
I'll be there, 2nd year in a row. It's basically the best week of the year if you play guitar. Boston's a nice city and Berklee's in a nice neighnborhood.
i have no clue what ill do for the audition tho. I did binge and grab last year, no solo tho. Im hopin to step it up this year.
Awesome. What's it like? I have no idea what to expect. At the moment I'm preoccupied with thinking about the finals for the Battle for Berklee competition...I'm kinda nervous about it.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

aye im going. i think im going to play A Felicidade arranged by Roland Dyens. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7768724905878431207&q=a+felicidade&ei=e0B0SKzkDob04AL99ZWfCw)

i have a few other pieces that im working on that i might play.

I wouldnt look at the 5 week program to be a scam, think about it as trying to get your foot in the door. if youre really talented, you might spend the 7k, and then receive a scholarship to go the next 4 years. 7k > 200k.

Im really looking forward to this, as i am competent musician, and cant really find that many competent musicians around me, so this should be a great experience.

I still havent decided on which elective i want. I might do composition, for obvious reasons (to help me out down the road with arranging for large groups of musicians) but i kinda want to do the Recording elective. I really want to spend some time in those NICE ASS STUDIOS. Its between the two

All and all, i dont know if i plan on going to berklee unless i get some sort of scholarship. i live in texas, and the University of North Texas is an excellent music school, so thats probably where ill end up.

Also i was not in orchestra or anything over my high school career, so i think having this 5 week berklee program under your belt looks good for trying to get into any music college.
myspace.com/soundsofmeta
Awesome. I think I'm doing the 5-week program next year. I'll probably need to get a decent scholarship to attend the school as well. Hopefully sometime during the next two years I'll get some connections with the school and hopefully some sort of scholarship. I'm also looking at these summer programs as opportunities with the school.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

when you come down here though. make sure you check out the red sox game days. it can get pretty crazy by berklee on red sox days.

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
im interested to know what sort of song you need to pick for the audition.. what did you guys base it on?
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
I'm still undecided. I'm doing a section of Glasgow Kiss for the finals for the scholarship thing, but you get a 4 minute slot there. For the placement audition you only get 2 minutes. I think I'm going to just write a short little piece, because I'm not sure if they allow backing tracks for the placement audition, and if they do, I don't really feel like making another one.

As for what to base it on, I think I'm going to have it be like a main theme, a quick solo section, and then a variation on the theme with a good ending. Pick something that shows a couple good aspects of your playing (i.e. playing in time, good note choice, dynamics and articulation, or good picking, etc.), but don't go crazy trying to show them every single thing you can do, it'll be too much.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

Thanks man. I'm thinking of doing Alive by Pearl Jam. I had to cut it to fit the 2 minutes so I'm going to do the Verse to show off my improv and fills and stuff then the prechorus and the chorus and then combine the two solos at the end. Hope it works!
Don't turn away
Get in front of it"
How good do you have to be to get a scholarship at Berklee? The tuition fees seem excessive (from my perspective) so I think my best chance of attending in a few years will be via a scholarship. I suppose I'd have to be say, Steve Vai by then ey ?
Page 1 of 2