I am buying a Special II off a friend, as stated in the electric guitar forum. But what I plan to do with it goes here. =]

What do you think? Of course I plan to replace the neck once I get it immediately and put those p-90's in.

I thought about filling the neck pickup holes to make it like this:

What do you guys think?
I got some good guitars, yo.
im assuming u mean the epiphone special II. It would look like s*** with a natural finish cause its made of plywood. yes, plywood. i do think the two P-90s would be a good mod though.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by Leat
What do you think? Of course I plan to replace the neck once I get it immediately and put those p-90's in.?
I think you haven't thought this out very well.
1 - Necks are EXPENSIVE.
2 - It definitely won't say Gibson on it. A Gibson neck won't fit, even if you can get one.
3 - You can't just replace HBs with P-90s. They don't fit the same way.
4 - You didn't mention the tuners. Are you going to put the crappy stock ones on the new neck? Or have you added the cost of new tuners in your plan?

Quote by Leat
I thought about filling the neck pickup holes to make it like this:

What do you guys think?
1 - Making a dutchman to fill the hole left by the neck pickup wont't be easy.
2 - It won't look anything like the pic.
3 - Even if you matched the grain perfectly, the top layer of plywood is maple. It won't look like walnut,
4 - It won't look like a complete abortion if you paint rather than stain.

tbh, you can by an Agile or similar guitar with a nice neck and P-90s for about the less money that you'd pay for the neck and pickups and tuners. And it's already done. No retrofitting, router work, refinishing. Just play it. So it would cost less. And that's assuming your friend gives you this guitar for free.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I thought it was made of plywood...if so then the deal is definitely off. I'd rather have a true solid body flat top.
I got some good guitars, yo.
^and even with heavy modding it would still sound like crap. it sounded so bad that my former bassist switched to bass cause his special II sounded terrible
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
^and even with heavy modding it would still sound like crap. it sounded so bad that my former bassist switched to bass cause his special II sounded terrible

I've got mine sounding a treat. most of my mates' wanna play that to any of my other guitars.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
^any mods or standard? i hate dud guitars....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
^any mods or standard? i hate dud guitars....

full electronics wiring and new pickups.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
that explains things..
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
that explains things..

why i said mine sounds a treat? yeah it does. when my mate had it, it was a steaming pile of ****! but now it's a decent guitar, or would be if it wasn't in bits for painting.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
lol..
of course, my friend switched to bass....wait...free guitar!!!!!!!
throw a couple of SD pups in it, it should sound okay
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
you should. I put a Kent Armstrong motherbucker in the bridge and a SD Phat Cat in the neck. but plans are to change the neck to hopefully a sustainer kit.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
Last edited by funguy at May 9, 2008,
i meant i should put some SDs in my friends considering he doesnt use it... that depends on what u currently have in it.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
read last post. soz I mucked up on typing! lol. my bad.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
yeah.. i was thinkin JB/jazz or a set of pearly gates- depends on what i want to use it for
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
well I'm a big muse fan so I just went for a setup i knew i liked to sound of.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
I rather like my Special II, actually (I don't think mine is made of plywood - it's too heavy) The only thing I'd do to it is replace the pickups but that point's pretty moot as I'm selling it.

Wish I could keep it to mod it though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I rather like my Special II, actually (I don't think mine is made of plywood - it's too heavy) The only thing I'd do to it is replace the pickups but that point's pretty moot as I'm selling it.

Wish I could keep it to mod it though.

mine's rather heavy and yes mine's plywood. I sanded it down.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
les pauls are heavy by nature, it doesnt matter what its made of
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
les pauls are heavy by nature, it doesnt matter what its made of

indeed
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
google "kisekae"
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
I usually draw mine by hand or use a good pic and photoshop. i think it's an online program for the ones he did.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x