Page 1 of 2
It was a really cool experience.

So I was going to close my window in my room, and I had to take the fan and screen out of my window, when something catches my eye. Now right across the street from my house there is a parking lot then if you go a bit further walking there is a giant valley. I look over and there is a white glowing circle thing, and from my rooms window it looked to be about the size of a cantalope, suspended in mid air about 3 feet off the ground. Now i'm looking at it thinking "wtf, is that what I think it is?", and I continue to watch this white ball suspended above the ground.

Then it begins to travel, but in such a strange and unnatural way. I thought it might have been a bag traveling through the wind but after it began to move I knew that no bag could move this way. The thing just starts to very slowly move sideways, heading towards the right, in a completely straight line, not ascending or descending the slightest bit. I wouldnt call it hovering, I really dont know what to call it it just kind of moved through the air. Then it moved over into a tree, it was a small tree with no leaves on it branches, and I could still very clearly see this white thing in the trees, then out of nowhere, the thing just fades away, like not instantly, but just slowly dimmed into complete disappearence, kind of like if you dim a light out on a ceiling fan.

And then that was it, the whole thing only lasted no more then 15 seconds, but still, I wasn't scared by it, I mean why should I? I was just pretty amazed that I had finally experienced a strange event I could explain.

So what do you think? Was it an orb? I don't want to rule it out as one automatically, but if anyone has any ideas of what it could have been i'm interested to hear.
My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who i am.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Obviously a rare winged cantaloupe.

Win.
It's the Russians!!! They've found us, laddies!!
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

Get the car Scully!!

LOL i was thinking the same thing
Quote by silentscope1234
It was a really cool experience.

So I was going to close my window in my room, and I had to take the fan and screen out of my window, when something catches my eye. Now right across the street from my house there is a parking lot then if you go a bit further walking there is a giant valley. I look over and there is a white glowing circle thing, and from my rooms window it looked to be about the size of a cantalope, suspended in mid air about 3 feet off the ground. Now i'm looking at it thinking "wtf, is that what I think it is?", and I continue to watch this white ball suspended above the ground.

Then it begins to travel, but in such a strange and unnatural way. I thought it might have been a bag traveling through the wind but after it began to move I knew that no bag could move this way. The thing just starts to very slowly move sideways, heading towards the right, in a completely straight line, not ascending or descending the slightest bit. I wouldnt call it hovering, I really dont know what to call it it just kind of moved through the air. Then it moved over into a tree, it was a small tree with no leaves on it branches, and I could still very clearly see this white thing in the trees, then out of nowhere, the thing just fades away, like not instantly, but just slowly dimmed into complete disappearence, kind of like if you dim a light out on a ceiling fan.

And then that was it, the whole thing only lasted no more then 15 seconds, but still, I wasn't scared by it, I mean why should I? I was just pretty amazed that I had finally experienced a strange event I could explain.

So what do you think? Was it an orb? I don't want to rule it out as one automatically, but if anyone has any ideas of what it could have been i'm interested to hear.

i believe you. I'm 99% sure i saw a UFO few years ago it was like 4 dots rotating in the sky that flew a little while then disappeared after 4 seconds. they were bigger then a star and i couldn't have been a plane because it was moving to fast for it to be anything else.
maybe you were staring into a light before you did the fan thing? because thats happend to me before. or maybe you were really high and it was just themoon, and the slo fade was you passing out?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
man, i hope it is an orb, but it might have been someone carrying a flashlight..... wait, a flashlight with a dimmer??? nvm.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by reaume140
it's obviously radioactive jesus.

+1 you should know everyone back then was a lot shorter, its just a tiny little radioactive holyman
I breathe air.
Are orbs like ghosts or spirits or something? Or just floating lights?
Saint Louis Blues
Orbs are nothing more than dust. NOTHING more than dust. I believe in the possibility of the paranormal, but not orbs.
I had a similar experience last week.

My friends and I were all up at about 1-1:30pm and we were looking out the window to see anything paranormal. It was all dark outside and we were analyzing his whole backyard just to see anything weird. After about 10 minutes my friends all turn around and for about 3 seconds I saw something like a moon hover over his shed and face me then it went back down.

I couldn't really think of what it could be but it was my first strange event that I couldn't explain.
"Time doesn't exist here, we will never die."

-Celldweller
Orbs appear only in pictures, hence why they are fake as sh*t.
What you seen was a WILD PIKACHU!
So what, I see two cantaloupe-sized orbs every time I go to take a piss.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by shameonthenight
drugs are bad

no they arent, they let u hallucinate orbs floating off the ground.
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

Just a guess, but I think what you saw was light being burned into your eyes. If you stare at a light for a few seconds, then look away, you will often see an after-image. My guess is you stared at a round light for a bit, then looked away and saw this "orb." Amirite?
It's a BOMB DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Gear:
Agile PRS Copy w/ floyd PS-970
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
That must have been some really good green man!

Take it too the drug thread.
Quote by bradulator
Clitoris?

Quote by HeyItsChenny
i smoked weed for the first time last night... it was awesome.

end of story.
Quote by Zardokk
Just a guess, but I think what you saw was light being burned into your eyes. If you stare at a light for a few seconds, then look away, you will often see an after-image. My guess is you stared at a round light for a bit, then looked away and saw this "orb." Amirite?

That seems like the most logical explanation, and if you have been staring at a bright light then it will eventually fade away as he explained.
Quote by FireandFlames

I'll get right on it Fox!

Alright, I got your back
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
You were cheesin', don't worry about it.
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
Page 1 of 2