hey guys im looking at some recording tools and one thing im looking at is the tascam dp-02. its only $300, and you can put 8 tracks on a song. i think its a great beginners tool, but if anyone has any suggestions or comments, help me out. thanks
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by moody07747
Well we need to know what you plan to record first and if you can use a destkop or laptop computer when recording.

Also read though Tweak's Guide linked in my sig.

well im going to mainly record acoustic music with some vocals, but also electric guitar, and thats really it. i plan on using my computer for it, but i may save up the extra 2 hundred and get the one with a built in cd burner.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Zendrive

Why so? If your computer doesn't have a CD burner, it's easy enough to retrofit one, and many interfaces that can handle the stuff you mentioned and then some cost less than $200. You don't have to plug everything in all at once, though with some higher-end models, you can.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Why so? If your computer doesn't have a CD burner, it's easy enough to retrofit one, and many interfaces that can handle the stuff you mentioned and then some cost less than $200. You don't have to plug everything in all at once, though with some higher-end models, you can.
the thing im looking at is 300, but can you tell me what is cheaper than that? i havent really shopped much i just saw the tascam in GC mag haha.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Zendrive

I suggest Reaper or some other type of sequencer software, a Mackie Onyx Satellite, and MXL 990/991 mic set.

With this setup you should be able to get a good acoustic miced up, get good vocals with the condenser, and be able to use the 991 to mic your guitar cab until you get another mic like say a Shure SM57...

Most PCs have a CD burner on them and if you dont, they are cheap to buy and easy to install. All you would need to do is record and then you could easily burn them to a CD using the computer.

Those MTRs are nice but hard to work with and edit on so they are mostly used for on location recording where you cant get a PC...and even then, most will use a high end system that they can transfer the files to the PC with to edit later.
Quote by moody07747
I suggest Reaper or some other type of sequencer software, a Mackie Onyx Satellite, and MXL 990/991 mic set

how much will all this run me?
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Zendrive

Quote by travd92
how much will all this run me?

A quick google of all the products and comparisions should tell you that.
Taylor 410-CE
Fender Strat Mex Standard
Digitech GNX-3
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe