I am currently re-doing a MiM Strat. I just purchased a set of Seymour Duncan's Lw-CH1. These are active single coil humbuckers. I have looked on the wiring diagram on the SD website, and it appears that they are using 100k pots. Is this necessary?? It also looks like they have a stereo output jack??

Is there even enough room under the pots for two 9 volt batteries?
I dunno about the stereo output jack, but active pickups will need higher-resistance pots because they produce a more powerful signal and such. I'm not sure what happens if you use pots designed for passive pups, but I imagine it doesn't sound all that great.

And you'd be surprised where you can squeeze a couple of 9vs, if they're on seperate, loose connector things. If worst comes to worse, it'd be quite a minor route to make space.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
After doing some reading, it seems that lots of people don't like active pu's....WHY??? I will probably buy these just because it is such a great deal I am getting.
Some people don't like them. Thats all. They just don't like how they sound, you gotta remember, good tone is subjective so everyone has a different opinion. I've never played active single coils(closest thing I've come to that is the coil tap in my EMG 85TW and EMG 89), but I like them.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
^Me too.

The stereo jack is to turn on the batt. power when a mono jack is inserted (to save batteries), that way you don't need to maul the appearence of the guitar by drilling for a power switch.
The active pups are low impedance so 500k pots dont work well at all so yea you gotta use the pots they say to. As for room in a factory strat for a batt be tough even more so if you want 2 batts. My strat came factory with actives so already has a compartment you may have to cut some wood out for a battery.
Quote by craigc1264
I am currently re-doing a MiM Strat. I just purchased a set of Seymour Duncan's Lw-CH1. These are active single coil humbuckers. I have looked on the wiring diagram on the SD website, and it appears that they are using 100k pots. Is this necessary??
No, it's not necessary. The tone of an active pickup is not affected by the resistance of the pot the way a passive pickup is. If you use the original 250K pots you'll be fine. However, with a lower resistance pot, hum from magnetic fields will be less able to enter at the cable, especially if you roll down the volume at the guitar. You'll already have an improvement in s/n ratio with the active. But even more if you use the lowest resistance pot that they recommend.

Quote by craigc1264
It also looks like they have a stereo output jack??
Yes. The negative terminal of the battery is connected to ground when a mono cable is plugged into that stereo jack. If you want your battery to last, you need to unplug the cable when you aren't using your guitar.

Quote by craigc1264
Is there even enough room under the pots for two 9 volt batteries?
I dunno. Never used actives on a Strat.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.