When i start working this summer, i'm looking to upgrade from my trusty (or not so trusty) Epiphone Les Paul studio to something a little better in quality. Definately in the below 900$ price range, and good for playing on a Fender Tube amp in mostly Punk and blues styles. Any help appreciated, thanks very much!

TJ
if you find a good mim strat and change the pups,use push pots you'll come under the 900 andgive yourself a chance to accommodate various style changes you may encounter. they say here today gone tomorrow i always wondered if they were talking about musical tastes
tremolo or not?

EDIT: i would reccommend looking at some washburns. They are pretty versetile and good quality for ones around $900
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I would honestly go with a Les Paul Ultra or a Custom with a pickup change. A Lonestar Strat would be good, or maybe a Hwy 1 fat strat.
ESP EC-1000. EMGs if you're into metal, get the Duncan version if you like anything else.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.Fender Strat.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
yeah, that is exactly what im doing. i got the strat and i am getting some david gilmour EMG pups for it this summer.
no probs, the only reason i mentioned it is that don't get caught up in the mia or mim hype(and this not a shout out for another strat conversation). I have had both and kept the mexican. I put in duncans with push pots and a couple of other set up tricks and this thing screams but i also have the ability to play a variety of other styles depending on who i jam with. if you can keep the epi the more the merrier
Epiphone les paul custom. Great for the price

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
"92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this."

WIN