I heard somebody say when you buy from guitar center you get second hand gear.

Should you just specify you want to buy it new or something... in a sealed box?

because i am getting my amp soon and definatly dont want to pay for shipping (heavy)...
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
i swear this would end up a penis thread...neways, if u buy something sitting out yes its 2nd hand...usually $100 cheaper and pretty much brand new, if u completely new items ask them if they have it in stock...they will prolly not have it, but still worth a shot
play it, if you like it, buy it. if there is something wrong with it, talk with them
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Floor items normally are cheaper, and depending on the amp, normally are about as worn as secondhand stuff. From time to time, they have a big floor model sale. Altho they will give you a new amp sealed at the store.
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
i swear this would end up a penis thread...neways, if u buy something sitting out yes its 2nd hand...usually $100 cheaper and pretty much brand new, if u completely new items ask them if they have it in stock...they will prolly not have it, but still worth a shot

i dont like the idea of little kids playing the guitar im about to buy...
well, the guitar im gonna buy for example.

i saw it sitting on a rack where anybody could just play it...that scares me. if it was on the wall, that would be fine. (PRS SE CUSTOM)
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
ive bought tons of stuff from Guitar Center and its all been in a box. as far as i no they probably wont give you the exact one that you play with. they hav them packaged in the back. i hope that answers your question
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
woot im surprised this isn't a f*ck guitar center thread, anyways I've had good results from that place so it shouldn't be much of a bother, since guitar center is a big company I don't think any of the second hand stuff should be complete crap if it was they wouldn't be selling it, it's not like a pawn shop where you can buy a VCR and it doesn't work or something like that.
I've bought an acoustic guitar and a couple cymbals from GC and every time, they give me the item I tried out. I'm not sure why you would want to buy an amp in a sealed box. You have no idea how it sounds. I would never buy an amp without having played that exact amp.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
They had an amp on display that I was looking to buy, I tried it out, and I ended up buying it. They gave me and new and packaged amp from the back, but it was still the exact same model that I wanted.

I wouldnt have wanted them to just package the EXACT amp I just played through, who knows how long thats been sitting there and how damaged that speaker could be.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by civildp1
I've bought an acoustic guitar and a couple cymbals from GC and every time, they give me the item I tried out. I'm not sure why you would want to buy an amp in a sealed box. You have no idea how it sounds. I would never buy an amp without having played that exact amp.

what he said
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.