I recently purchased Valveking Royal 8 practice amp that I like a lot. However, we were under tornado warning the other day and to be safe I decided to move some of my gear into our basement. As I was loading my amp, I set it on the bottom stair and my dog knocked it off the step and it landed kind of hard on its back on the floor below (about an 8in fall). I plugged it in to check if it was working properly and it seems to be but is there anything I should check before playing on it any longer? Is it possible I could have messed up a tube? Any help is appreciated.
~Nick
I hope I'm not the only one who found that ironic

But anyway, if your cracked your tubes, then I don't think the amp would have made noise to begin with, so I think your good. Don't quote me on that though.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Thanks for the info. I figured that was the case but I wanted to check. As far as irony goes, that is right up there. Here I am trying to protect my gear and a clap of thunder scares my dog and causes him to knock the amp down the stairs.
~Nick
Tube amps arent as fragile as many seem to think. Remember tubes were in everything for a long time. The russians used tubes in high performance jet aircraft and inside their tanks so they can take some abuse. Now if it had gone tumbling down the stairs might be a different story.