Ok so heres the deal, i'm currently in a three person band and we're about to do a show but we cant think of any songs. I play guitar and i can play alot of stuff and the bassist is pretty good too, but our drummer just started so it has to be easy on drums. Any suggestions? (thanks in advance)
go for pop-punk bands like Green Day and Sum 41 or Nirvana for super easy stuff. You can get away with most Foo Fighters songs with just one guitar, RATM if you can rap, SOAD is fun, there's others sept I can't think of them right now
We play hard rock or alternative mostly but genre doesn't really matter a whole lot.
By the way, our bassist won't do anything like `brain stew` by Green Day he doesn't want to get bored.
Quote by chinkboy7
go for pop-punk bands like Green Day and Sum 41 or Nirvana for super easy stuff. You can get away with most Foo Fighters songs with just one guitar, RATM if you can rap, SOAD is fun, there's others sept I can't think of them right now

I don't know about recommending SOAD if the drummer is a beginner
Dude, play some Chevelle. you can rock out some 311 if two people sing, but the bass and drums can get hard. Do some bob seger, you could probably do that.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
MakeDamnSure by Taking Back Sunday seems pretty easy on drums.

Say It Ain't So by Weezer

My Generation by The Who (He can just improv the "hard?" parts)

Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix

I Miss You by Blink 182, I don't really know the complexity of the drums but it sounds pretty straight forward.

EDIT:

Ink by Finch

The Mixed Tape by Jacks Mannequin

Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi (I can play expert drums on Rock Band for that song )
Last edited by O-52-A-50-R at May 4, 2008,
If he truly is "pretty good" then he should be able to avoid boredom :S
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
uh, if your bassist likes challenging stuff, some muse songs, like hysteria, or knights of cydonia. Especially since the drums are easy.

Of course... you'll have to be able to sing falsetto....
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Muse is beyond our drummer and yes the bassist should be able to ignore boredom but just cant seem to...
Quote by Shush,Mutt
the bassist should be able to ignore boredom but just cant seem to...

Try Aeroplane by Red Hot Chili Peppers, if your drummer can pull that off your bassist won't get bored.

Alternitavely if your bassist isn't good enough to play that song (IDK) turn that against him and make him feel guilty for saying he is bored!

EDIT: Also you could throw some solos.
Last edited by O-52-A-50-R at May 4, 2008,
Welcome To Hell by Venom

Bad Moon Rising by CCR

Peaceful Easy Feeling by The Eagles

Say What You Will by Fastway

Running Free by Iron Maiden

Midnight Maniac by Krokus

The Temple Of The King by Rainbow
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by JordantheAxe
most ac/dc songs are easy on drums

Thats because if you know 1 AC/DC song on drums, you know all of AC/DC's songs on drums
When all else fails, ask the pit.