I have a Kahler tremelo on my guitar and I'm having trouble tuning my guitar down a half step using the fine tuners. Every time I tune it down it always goes back up in about 30 seconds. What is the right way to tune it down or do I have to get it setup.
flip the invert switch on the left side of your trem. The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.
Quote by thrilla13w
flip the invert switch on the left side of your trem. The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Oh my god! That post made my night. Sigged...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
The fine tuners should really only be used to um... fine tune the strings after you've locked the nut and the strings aren't perfectly in tune.

To go into a different tuning you should unlock the nut and tune using the machine heads. That will require you to make some adjustments art the bridge as well. It's not that hard (this guide helps) but if you think you'll have an issue with it, just take it to a guitar shop, ask them to set up your guitar for whatever tuning you want, and watch what they do.