Ive been debating for a long time over what to get for my next guitar. Should i get one with a trem and finally learn how to use it? Or should i get a 7 string so i can experiment with a larger range?

i decided why not have both.

What 7 string out there has a good sound and comes with trem?

my price range is anywhere under $900 but preferably lower, closer to 5 or 6 hundred
I'd say the best 7 on the market with the nicest trem IMO would be the Ibanez S7320 hands down. You can throw it into drop A if you set it up correctly, and it will still be in tune after adjustments with the fine-tuners.
Quote by bowen
I'd say the best 7 on the market with the nicest trem IMO would be the Ibanez S7320 hands down. You can throw it into drop A if you set it up correctly, and it will still be in tune after adjustments with the fine-tuners.

I am going to have to say the Schecter Jeff Loomis signature C-7 Hellraiser is the best 7-string Trem. on the market, especially for the money (of course, this is all my opinion, as in bowen's and everyone else's response). It has an OFR Trem, EMG 707TW Coil Tap pickups, Grover tuners, Ash Body, Maple neck and Maple fretboard, a very fine piece of work.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
I am going to have to say the Schecter Jeff Loomis signature C-7 Hellraiser is the best 7-string Trem. on the market, especially for the money (of course, this is all my opinion, as in bowen's and everyone else's response). It has an OFR Trem, EMG 707TW Coil Tap pickups, Grover tuners, Ash Body, Maple neck and Maple fretboard, a very fine piece of work.

Actually they're just 707s. As far as quality goes, the Loomis is up there. However, it is also mainly suited for metal. You're pretty much stuck with actives due to the routes on it. The S7320 is probably more versatile, and if he doesn't like the seven string he has much less of a loss to compensate for.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Actually they're just 707s. As far as quality goes, the Loomis is up there. However, it is also mainly suited for metal. You're pretty much stuck with actives due to the routes on it. The S7320 is probably more versatile, and if he doesn't like the seven string he has much less of a loss to compensate for.

Hmm, I thought the new '08 Loomis came with the 707TWs?

Quote by Metalcoresoul
Hmm, I thought the new '08 Loomis came with the 707TWs?

You're thinking of the Hellraiser. It's a completely different guitar. I'd still get it or a Hellraiser. They're vastly more versatile than people think.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
You're thinking of the Hellraiser. It's a completely different guitar. I'd still get it or a Hellraiser. They're vastly more versatile than people think.

Well, the C-7 Hellraiser has a Mahogany body as opposed to the Ash body of the Loomis, so the Hellraiser is going to have a darker sound than the Loomis, and I'd assume that the Loomis will be better for brighter stuff, but could still pull off drop tuning.

But that is just what I know from second-hand experience, are the C-7 Hellraisers versatile enough to give you a warm, bright sound for standard tuning play?

Where are you located?

Location depending, I've got an SC607 I'm parting with
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I had considered the Loomis, but I think it might be out of his price range, and the fact it just has 707's in it and no tone knob made the versatility a problem (and only a 3 way selector switch). Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing guitar, for sure! But I just thought the S7320 would be a better choice for the money.
i agree that the seven string s series guitars are ace

you should try out some 7 string guitars in shops

and (please dont kill me everyone) what about the razorback 7 255?
that has 24 frets and EMG 707s....it sounds like it would be alrite, wot does everyone think?
is it worth it spend 700 on the ibanez s7320 over spending about 350 on the ibanez rg 7321
Last edited by kornliaslumpica at May 7, 2008,
I had to do research on the UV777 for a school project, and it looked amazing, but upon reading reviews on it, it seemed like it was made for looking rather than playing, as the quality of sound apparently isn't great and it has some weird humming noise if you tap it... :S

I'm looking for a new guitar too, and these Loomis models sound pretty good. Does anyone know how much either of them are? Or if there are reviews of them on the site?
Washburn has some really cheap 7 strings
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by kornliaslumpica
is it worth it spend 700 on the ibanez s7320 over spending about 350 on the ibanez rg 7321

Yes, they are a world apart from each other.

Also for $900 you could get a RG1527, which I would thoroughly recommend.

I'de say play the RG1527 and the S7320 and find out which you like best and buy that one (as well as trying out as many other 7 strings in shops as you can)

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
the S7320 is a very versatile guitar, with the wood selection and what not.

but if you want to "explore" in many different tunings, it's going to be a little harder than you would think. i have a RG7321 and i have trouble dropping it more than a step down with a bass string on it. especially with that Trem, it's going to make it a little more difficult. but you are getting a good trem tbh. i've heard good things about the ZR trems. you're getting better pickups than my RG7321, god they suck so bad. all in all the S7320 is a good guitar, even better if you keep it in one or two tunings all the time. but with this "exploration" thing, i'm kind of shaky on recommending it.

the Ibanez RG7321 is a nice fixed bridge guitar. but if you want it to play and sound good, you're going to have to spend your extra cash modifying it a little. first thing is to put a new set of pickups in there. and you want to go lower than a step down you're going to have to put on some thick ass strings on there to handle the tension with the 25.5 scale neck. it stays in tune pretty well, much, much better than my other guitar. and you get 24 frets, compared to the S7320.

the RG7321 is a great entry-level 7-string, and when i say entry-level, i don't mean it's a crap guitar, it's great for the price. and it's more versatile than people would think, you know, it being an Ibanez and an RG model. with the right rig and pup's it can do whatever you want it to.

that's just my input.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.