could a peavey classic 30 plus a good overdrive pedal handle thrash metal? i am in the market for a good versatile tube amp that can do everything and have heard this is the amp. so could it do thrash metal/hard rock with an overdrive pedal?
I have a classic 30 (an older one, but whatever) and I play metal through it with a metal muff. I dunno what your opinion of those is, but I like it.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Definitely hard rock, maybe not thrash.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I found this clip on youtube and I heard from a lot of people that the Classic 30 couldn't do metal...but this has a great sound to it http://youtube.com/watch?v=rmBxSvSBQug there are some harmonics played in that video and it sounds awesome. (Not $1000+ awesome but it's not muddy IMO and sounds better than most amps in its price range...great versatility also).
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Quote by thriller4life
I found this clip on youtube and I heard from a lot of people that the Classic 30 couldn't do metal...but this has a great sound to it http://youtube.com/watch?v=rmBxSvSBQug there are some harmonics played in that video and it sounds awesome. (Not $1000+ awesome but it's not muddy IMO and sounds better than most amps in its price range...great versatility also).

Thats what I thought, but he's using a metal muff.

Actually that's not even him playing, notice how it sounds exactly like the studio version lol
Quote by Steel8909
Thats what I thought, but he's using a metal muff.

Actually that's not even him playing, notice how it sounds exactly like the studio version lol

You can hear the amp as well...but it's not cranked.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955