So I have to do a project for one of my CIS classes, i have to describe the hardware differences between linux systems and IBM systems. Basically all i found was linux has device drivers directly in the kernal, and that IBM systems were the first to really open up the system to allow users to change hardware... i always figured the two were pretty similar. If anyone can help me out in some of the differences it will be much appreciated.
PSN id: SeniorSausage
man I haven't heard anyone use the term "IBM systems" in like 10 years. and yeah they are fairly similar the major difference is that windows in proprietary and can't be altered too much whereas linux is open source and the exact difference vary from distro to distro.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I know my instructor is living in the past, I knew they were fairly similar hardware wise, if it was about software differences it would be so much easier.
PSN id: SeniorSausage
Quote by ripewithdecay
I know my instructor is living in the past, I knew they were fairly similar hardware wise, if it was about software differences it would be so much easier.

they run on the exact same hardware. You've got the major difference down man. I mean the BIOS is usually different too, but that's all i can think of.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Same hardware. Your instructor doesn't seem to be qualified anymore...