Well i'm gonna buy a single pedal

I'm new in this world of pedals

What do i need to connect it in my amp?
Some higher end amps will have an effects loop. If yours does, use it! First, the signal goes to the pre-amp, where it gets boosted, then it goes through your effects loop, where it gets changed, then it goes to the power-amp where it will get boosted to the correct strength for the speaker.
Hopefully:
Guitar--->Pre-Amp--->Pedal--->Power-Amp

But if not:
Guitar--->Pedal--->Amp
Quote by GoodGod
Some higher end amps will have an effects loop. If yours does, use it! First, the signal goes to the pre-amp, where it gets boosted, then it goes through your effects loop, where it gets changed, then it goes to the power-amp where it will get boosted to the correct strength for the speaker.
Hopefully:
Guitar--->Pre-Amp--->Pedal--->Power-Amp

But if not:
Guitar--->Pedal--->Amp

that really depends on what kind of pedal you are using.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Ehosteda
should ODs go into the amp or the effects loop

into the amp, IMO the only things that should go into the loop are delay an modulation, and a lot of people like to put their wahs in the loop too, but really it's all preference.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
into the amp, IMO the only things that should go into the loop are delay an modulation, and a lot of people like to put their wahs in the loop too, but really it's all preference.

Thanks.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

I found that my ML-2 sounded a lot better in the effects loop than before the amp.
Quote by GoodGod
I found that my ML-2 sounded a lot better in the effects loop than before the amp.

like I said it's all preference, but most people prefer to run OD/Distortion directly into the amp.

Also since you use an amp with a digital modeling preamp stage I can definitely see why you would put pedals in the loop, but thats an exception.

Last.fm