i m newbie in UG forum.. i recently bought a fender squier strat.. it has 3 single coil pickups in it.. now i want to upgrade it.. n is it ok if i add a humbucker in the bridge position? and which humbucker should i use? and what should be my selection for the neck and middle pickups?
and wats the difference between "5-Way Split Coil Pickup Selector Switch" and "5-Way Pickup Selector Switch" ?

is dimarzio evo2 or Tonezone suitable for a strat?and ud they go with dimarzio area'61 pickups in the neck and middle position?coz they hav different output levels..

i m looking for a pickup which will carry the classic fender-ish tone but without hum..
and a humbucker which is good for heavy riffs soloing and ud be versatile depending on different ranges of amps and stomps.

plz help me out!!!
peace
Quote by aperfectenemy
i m newbie in UG forum.. i recently bought a fender squier strat.. it has 3 single coil pickups in it.. now i want to upgrade it.. n is it ok if i add a humbucker in the bridge position? and which humbucker should i use? and what should be my selection for the neck and middle pickups?
and wats the difference between "5-Way Split Coil Pickup Selector Switch" and "5-Way Pickup Selector Switch" ?

is dimarzio evo2 or Tonezone suitable for a strat?and ud they go with dimarzio area'61 pickups in the neck and middle position?coz they hav different output levels..

i m looking for a pickup which will carry the classic fender-ish tone but without hum..
and a humbucker which is good for heavy riffs soloing and ud be versatile depending on different ranges of amps and stomps.

plz help me out!!!
peace

Yes it is okay to put in a bridge humbucker, tons of people do it.
Use any humbucker that you want, is sounds like you like the Evo 2
The selector switch will work the exact same, except when it is at one end it will not select your bridge single coil (it won't exist) it will select your humbucker
Splitting coils is something irrelevant, don't worry about that.
Any humbucker should be suitable for a strat
When in the humbucker position, the tone will sound different of course, but probably for the better. You can always just use your middle and neck single coils.
You will need an F SPACE pickup for your strat.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Most of this should be in GG&A, but I'm not sure about the installing pickups part... that could go in the guitar customization forum.

Anyways, please repost in GG&A, but first read GG&A Rules

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out