Tonight I was bored and decided to make a footswitch for my Bandit 112 amp with parts I had lying around the house. I tested the cable by plugging it in the footswitch jack on the back of the amp and touching the ground and tip of the other end with a paper clip. This caused the amp to switch from clean to lead. Simple enough.

I started off with the packaging that my Duncan humbucker came in. Sanded it with 800 grit to give it a frosted look, found a switch (not ideal but it works) that I had used on my old car, took the output jack out of an old destroyed 70's strat replica, and taped in some car engine head plates (who needs EGR anyways?) to add weight. I still might have to add more, however.

I also had two stickers laying around that had the text RACING on them, so I sliced them up and made CLEAN and GAIN decals. Tied it all together with a few screws and voila, a footswitch for the mere price of a couple hours of my time. All it needs now is some rubber on the bottom to stop if from sliding around. I might end up swapping out the switch for something easier to flip, but that pending what else I have laying around the house.

KICKASS

And that works with a mono 1/4" cable?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by hightension01
that looks like more of a FINGER switch to me

make it more Stompable then it'll be good

Hey I can switch it barefoot with my toe
I know I have something like this laying around, I just need to find it.

Quote by jthm_guitarist
KICKASS

And that works with a mono 1/4" cable?

Yeah, as long as the cable is only 2/3 the way in the back of the amp. If I push it all the way in, then the switch will act as an On/Off for the Boost.
awesome I just tested this out on my amp and it works I had no idea how it worked to begin with haha...

but when I got my amp it was a floor model and didn't come with a footswitch but I got a good discount lol... but this is going to definately be my next project, haha thanks for posting this!
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
You can use a stereo jack and lead and use it for both the channel switch and the boost.

Looks great, when i built mine for my cube 30 i used one of those PVC project boxes, but this looks great!
Quote by plasticknives
Hey I can switch it barefoot with my toe
I know I have something like this laying around, I just need to find it.

Yeah, as long as the cable is only 2/3 the way in the back of the amp. If I push it all the way in, then the switch will act as an On/Off for the Boost.

you should get a stereo jack plug then wire it so the ring is the positive and the sleeve is the negative. Or even better, make another footswitch for the boost then get a stereo- 2 mono y cable and then you'd have footswitches for both!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
you could always stick it onto your guitar
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by eddiehimself
you should get a stereo jack plug then wire it so the ring is the positive and the sleeve is the negative. Or even better, make another footswitch for the boost then get a stereo- 2 mono y cable and then you'd have footswitches for both!

That was the original plan, but I didn't want to spend any money on it. I never use boost anyways.
Ended up stripping out a switch from an old fish tank hood, glued in the weights/more weights (nailgun nails) instead of taping them in with yellow electrical tape, put some gray foam that came with the humbucker packaging inside, and used a red LED out of some broken pet collar light thing (the perks of working at a pet store). I also glued on some rubber feet that I had from an old laptop shell. It has quite a bit of weight to it now, and can actually be used with a foot. The glue job on the LED isn't the best, but this project is far from perfect. Considering this is only going to be used in a bedroom, it should last a while.