Going to be playing circa survive/as cities burn/fall of troy/russian circles. Need at least like 500-600 ms of delay. Price range = 150 to 200. I don't care if its analog or what, I just want it to sound good.
I'd go with the Boss DD-6 pedal... Up to 5200 ms, and it's also got a cool warp and reverse effect.
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. When the shield generator on Endor has been deactivated, Rogue Squadron is easily able to enter the Death Star II without repurcussions.

...And that's how menstruation works.
Get a DD-6, because the hold is longer. I also play Circa, and a DD-3 does perfectly fine. But the extra hold would probably help, and I think FOT uses the reverse feature of the DD6. But what do I know I have noob gear?
Quote by Matt Chavie
Get a DD-6, because the hold is longer. I also play Circa, and a DD-3 does perfectly fine. But the extra hold would probably help, and I think FOT uses the reverse feature of the DD6. But what do I know I have noob gear?

I was jus playin g but seriously unscoop your mids when you start playing with a band
Neither of them do really. The dd-3 and dd6 are essentially the same, aside from the reverse feature and longer hold. But you can play "the difference.." and 'fear and faith" just fine with a dd-3 and there isn't a drop in tone that I notice, I think it almost helps. And I have ****ty cables and what not.
But I'd suggest putting it first in your signal path to get the circa survive delay, even though it is generally suggested that you put it last.
Don't get the DD-3 or the DD-6 if you don't want a lot of tone sucking.

I really don't know what I could suggest for you in that price range, but I'll say that you should use a digital delay if you want to do FoT's stuff.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Don't get the DD-3 or the DD-6 if you don't want a lot of tone sucking.

Quote by kyrreca

What? I've played with it, noticed that it sucked a lot of tone--so what?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
What? I've played with it, noticed that it sucked a lot of tone--so what?

Yeah, sure.

Look at Les Paul's pedalboard:

6 Boss pedals! It's a wonder any tone got through at all. But what would that old hack know about tone anyway?
So you're saying that just because Les Paul has a pedalboard filled with Boss pedals, it's not okay to hate them?

I simply just don't like using Boss delay pedals with my rig.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
So you're saying that just because Les Paul has a pedalboard filled with Boss pedals, it's not okay to hate them?

I simply just don't like using Boss delay pedals with my rig.

I didn't make my point very clear.

On the internet, people babble on about tone suck and such. A lot of myths about buffers and true bypass are being spread around, and a lot of people will believe anything the internet tells them. A lot of people worry about problems that aren't really there, but they believe exist because someone told them so. The other day I saw someone at a forum asking about true bypass volume pedals... I mean wtf

Boss pedals catch a lot of flack. I agree that several Boss pedals are sub-par, and in those cases there are usually better alternatives in the same price range. However, one thing I find kinda ridiculous is the way some people automatically write off Boss pedals because they're buffered. These are usually people who have caught onto the TB-buzzword, and do not even understand how this stuff works, and don't realize that if you're running a lot of effects, having a buffer is actually a good idea.

But my main point is this: What it comes down to is what your ears tell you. Play. Make music. A lot of professional artists use Boss pedals, and the DD series is very popular. Are they all oblivious to tone suck? I take pride in my rig, and I haven't noticed any tone suck from my DD-3. I'm sure Les Paul haven't either, or he wouldn't have been using it. You say you noticed severe tone suck when using the DD-3. Most people don't, but I guess your ears are very sensitive.

If you hate Boss pedals, that's fine by me. I don't hate any manufacturers, because that would probably mean missing out on good products. I hate specific models from a lot of manufacturers, though. If you don't want Boss pedals in your rig, that's also cool. But advising someone against getting one of the best budget delays out there because of your perception of "tone suck," is unnecessary.

Most people who use the DD-3 don't notice any big tone suck, so it's very likely the OP won't either.
What I read in a an article written by pedal guru is that a buffer is like a signal conditioner so it helps when you have a lot of pedals like the guy above me said. And with true bypass pedals which 9 times out of 10 aren't "true" bypass will keep making your signal weaker and weaker.