Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Forgive my ignorance, but how can you own a musical key?

+1
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
err

TC Electronic's G Major
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Maybe he means own in G major, or pwn, or whatever its hip to do nowadays. And yes, yes I do.
I know some people have them (or at least a G something) around here, but I can't name anyone, sorry.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I'm planning on buying one when I come across it second hand.
Why do you ask?
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
<-
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
+1 to the threadstarter's original query. I often see and hear people raving about how great it is, but does anybody own this piece of gear? And lol to the first few posts.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
I owned a G major for about 2 months then sold it. I went with the GSP 1101 and it is way better. The G major was VERY complicated and hard to program. It also was NOT true bypass. When In bypass it added a digital fizz to my sound. yuck!! The overall quality of the effects was just sub par too. Not bad, but not special either.

All in all I recommend you stay away from TC electronic for guitar processors. The Digitech GSP1101 is much better. The best you can buy In my opinion. Also you could try the Rocketron Xpression. I never used that unit but I bet its easier to program than the G
major.

I dont know about the G force, but I could only imagine that it is even more complicated. seeing that it is 1400 bucks
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Last edited by Ubershall404 at May 5, 2008,
Quote by Ubershall404
It also was NOT true bypass.

Why is true bypass or not an issue for a FX loop unit? Just switch of the loop and you got true bypass.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
That would work if you only have the G major in the loop and nothing else. It mattered to me because I run a sonic maximizer and a 15 band EQ in the loop aswell and I leave those two units on all the time.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
That would work if you only have the G major in the loop and nothing else. It mattered to me because I run a sonic maximizer and a 15 band EQ in the loop aswell and I leave those two units on all the time.

gotcha
I'm still getting one because I won't need the G-major's bypass.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Btw, have you tried only the G Major in the loop on bypass? The digital sound could also be caused by the sonic maximizer.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
There is a guy on the Carvin forums that owns one. He runs it through his V3 and he is very satisfied with the tone that he gets. You could ask his opinion, but i'm sure he will praise the hell out of it.

Personally, i have listened to sound clips and they sound way to digital for me. Although, that is factoring in all of the "stuff" that's needed to record it. So, you might just have to try one out or ask that dude on the Carvin forums.
I had one for a while and sold it to a friend of mine for a tour he was going on, and am probably going to get another one in the near future. That said, I loved almost everything about it.

It's a rackmount effects unit that isn't designed to just be stuck in the loop of an amp and have a few effects dialed up. It's designed to be a part of a much larger and much more complicated Midi rig. If you're familiar with Midi programming on anything more than the most basic levels, I think you'll find the G Major very easy to deal with. Assigning presets, program change routing, and CC# assignment are simpler than on most other units I've dealt with (including but not limited to the Xpression). Also, do make sure you have a switching system of some sort as nothing is tonally transparent and it's no exception.

Regarding the effects, the delays and reverbs are top notch, the pitch shifting is well above average, and most of the modulation effects are pretty good. The noise gate and compressor don't suck, but they're not what I'd call good by anyone's standards. All that being said, it's a nice well rounded unit that has it's virtues and it's faults that is (IMO) completely worth the asking price.

It's all subjective, but I didn't like the GSP1101 as much. I did find it very easy to work with and pretty consistent all across the board. On the other hand, I thought it was a bit too digital sounding with too much emphasis on amp modeling. I thought it was good for the asking price and possibly a fantastic way to simplify a live rig or to experiment with different sounds.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
look at either the GSP1101 or the Rocktron Xpression.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Best way is to test on out yourself.

I think that the Sonic Maximiser is a POS, but the poster above me uses one. Just like I love the G-Major and he did not like it.

I do think its one of the best units of its type you can get though.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Quote by StriferDiem
Best way is to test on out yourself.

I think that the Sonic Maximiser is a POS, but the poster above me uses one. Just like I love the G-Major and he did not like it.

I do think its one of the best units of its type you can get though.

Yeah trying it out is a problem though, I don't know anyone with one and they don't carry them locally that I know of. Oh well I'll just wait for a really good deal and but it, and if I don't like it, flip it and come out even or ahead. What is a good used price?