i'm thinking of buying a new guitar, and i saw this one, and wondered if it was any good?

thanks alot.
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Mexican Fender Strat w/ Hot Rails pickup in bridge
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Digitech Grunge Distortion
Boss DS-1
its looks okay but id put in a neck pickup if i were you are you a beginner? if not id recommend getting a standard squier tele and doing it up or the chrome one
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
i'm not a beginner, but yeah i was thinking of putting in a neck pickup
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Mexican Fender Strat w/ Hot Rails pickup in bridge
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Digitech Grunge Distortion
Boss DS-1
should be fne then if you like the looks go for it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I wouldn't touch it.

It's made of Agathis (bad wood), and by the time you've paid out for the neck pickup to be added, you could have just bought a better guitar in the first place. And remember you can always change pickups later, but you can't change body wood. It'd be better to get a more basic Tele made with a better wood then mod that then buy the Whibley Tele and put a pickup in.

The Whibley signature Tele is what, £200 or so in most stores, about £180 or so online? You can get the Squier Affinity Telecaster for almost half that price, and those are made with alder (much better body wood). The only downside to those is the stock electronics aren't so good, but considering you'd be saving probably £80-£100 anyway, you could get new pickups for it. That means you'd end up with better wood and better pickups for the same price as just the basic Whibley Telecaster You could even easily afford to have the bridge pickup changed to a humbucker like the Whibley if you really want and you'd still end up saving money.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
agathis is NOT a bad wood it's just the native wood of indonesia where these guitars are made and is therefore stupidly cheap to get hold of.

agathis is a rather neutral sounding tone wood that hints towards alder.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Isn't agathis = plywood?
'62 Fender Jazzmaster (w/ Seymour Duncn Antq. II's)
PRS McCarty 20th Anniversary Rosewood Artist
Gibson SG '61 Custom Shop VOS
Ernie Ball Music Man JP6 w/ Piezo
Ibanez PGM301

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Single Rect-o-Verb Combo
Vox AC30CC2X
Agathis isn't that bad, after some upgrades my tone is pretty good.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Quote by sifo
Isn't agathis = plywood?

nope

plywood is sheets of a wood glued together to make a thicker piece of wood

agathis is a tree

you can get agathis plywood but then you can get maple plywood aswell, if i recall correctly some good quality drum kits are made from maple ply.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Low grade agathis (I assume, as it's squier) but not as low as the cheaper ones I assume.
However I don't thnk it'd suit very well, the cross painted on WILL raise the price a lot, get a regular squier tele custom, it'll be a lot better I assure you (they are pretty damn good guitars, I tried one once, the guy stuck a new neck on it though so no idea on the stock neck)