Hey, ive been looking at this amp for a while now but ive not had the chance 2 play one, has any1 played this amp and if so is it any good. Ive been a fan of hughes and kettner for years and tryed lots of their amps (and i own one) and ive got the money now to afford a new amp (atleast i will once i get rid of my line6). Im needing sumthing portable which i can use with my Rickenbacker to play sum clean jazz/blues and sum light rock at small gigs and such.

The friend i jam with has usualy uses a vintage Vox AC30 and im needing sumthing similar.

Is this amp going to be a good choice?

thanks
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
I've read a review on it, and it seems an amazingly good amp. Vintage vox cleans through to Hard Rock gain... Worth trying of course but it seems a fantastic piece of kit.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
I've read a review on it, and it seems an amazingly good amp. Vintage vox cleans through to Hard Rock gain... Worth trying of course but it seems a fantastic piece of kit.

its one of these amps that im never goin 2 b able 2 try out until i actualy own it as theres no shops who deal with them near me and im the only person i know who owns a H&K is me lol.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
I've got the Dual El84 version

Amazing amp though, does everything it says. Awesome for blues, rock. Jazz i haven't tried so much, but you can certainly get a nice clean warm tone out of it.

The clean channel is very nice, but tbh i don't really ever play on it, nicer to keep it on the drive and use the volume knob.

The overdrive is very british voiced, does an amazing impression of Led Zeppelin etc. and has plenty of gain if you need it

overall, its a very nice amp
Adam