Ok, well I'm fed up with the prices of amps in Australia and want to get one from USA, but there is a substantial power difference.

I'm no electrician but if I brought an amp from America, could I just buy another power lead to go into my power outlet...or is it just a stupid idea and I must buy an overpriced amp?

Oh and, is the Blackheart BH5-112 any good?
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
You'd just need to buy a transformer which you plug into your mains socket and would change the voltage to 110v. Then you'd just plug the amp into the transformer.

EDIT: Transformers aren't particularly expensive either, so seems like a farily good idea.

I don't have any experience with the amp, but most people on UG who've played it love it.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Thanks man, you don't know how much you've helped

I'm gonna do some more research on the Blackheart BH5-112, but atleast I know I can just buy a transformer if I buy an amp from overseas.

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
After duties and tax and shipping costs, you won't be saving much if you're not paying more.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
After duties and tax and shipping costs, you won't be saving much if you're not paying more.

Exactly, you might save some, but I believe the people don't order that much abroad is huge taxes (and shipping costs too).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
A power cord wont change the voltage. You would need a power converter which of course would cut into the money you are saving. Or change the transformer which contributes much to the sound of a tube amp. So it might not be the same amp after that and of course a new transformer would cut into the money you are trying to save.
Aus only adds import tax if its over $1000. And $1000 US is a fair bit.
I think a blackheart could be shipped to aus for maybe ... $150.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
I've heard that when you use a transformer, you lose tone. I was talking to a guy who tried 2 Bogner Shivas, one with a transformer and one that had been converted to Australian voltage and he said that the one that had been converted sounded heaps better. The owner of the shop said that it was because the one with the transformer didn't use a "clean" power source.
Hope this helps
: Ibanez RG5xx & up club

Ibanez RG570 signed by Paul Gilbert

Dunlop Crybaby 535q

Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 combo

Monterey Strat copy

Carvin V3 combo

Profile Stratocaster
Of course, any warranty you had on the amp wouldn't really help in Australia and you'd have to ship it back for any repairs etc.....
Adam