Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, but to which genre does the song "Weaving the incantaion" by Amorphis belong to? And what other bands/songs have both clean and growl vocals in them? I just love that song, and would like to get some more similar ones. So yeah, is there a specific genre thats for songs with both clean and growl vocals in them? or are they just listed under the death metal category? and what other bands/songs are similar to this one? One with good clean and growl vocals that go with rythm of the playing. Sorry if I seem to be talking non sense but I hope you guys get what I mean.

Thanks a lot in advance.
actualy, id like to know what genre primus belong to
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
I could recommend you lots of bands with screaming and singing in it that i used to listen to, but i'm too lazy.

has no signature.
I'd say bands like Killswitch Engage and All That Remains. Bands like these could be said to be under the genre of "metalcore".
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by 11223344554433
I could recommend you lots of bands with screaming and singing in it that i used to listen to, but i'm too lazy.

Thanks for your input. Really helpful.
Fucking tool.
Quote by tomathy
actualy, id like to know what genre primus belong to

Modern Rock.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
amorphis are a doom metal band.
i haven't heard that song, but. if you're looking for similar bands like them, try katatonia.
Quote by ctb
amorphis are a doom metal band.
i haven't heard that song, but. if you're looking for similar bands like them, try katatonia.

I noticed the doom similarities.
But something about them just screams -core.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
I noticed the doom similarities.
But something about them just screams -core.

i've only heard about 3 songs from them.
a lot of bands change their styles. :/
Quote by Seth Shadows
Thanks for your input. Really helpful.
Fucking tool.

haha

has no signature.
Yea its Amorphis man... they remind me of Pain Of Salvation even though PoS don't scream as much.. great band check them out.. and Amorphis is no where near metalcore...their newer albums have deviated from their doom sound a lot... but comparing them to metalcore is blasphemy.
They're like newer In Flames now...think Come Clarity...u should check that album out too.
Last edited by ordinary_story at May 5, 2008,
Bands & Artists
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...