Looking for tips and advice to get a decent bedroom rig for a decent amount of money

so far im leaning towards

Blackheart little giant head+ cab ( changing to better tubes also )
Bad monkey for overdrive
MXR Carbon copy analog for delay

and maby a holy grail for reverb in the future

would it be good for everything from classic rock to metal ?

or do you have any tips on other stuff that would be better while not increasing price so very much?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Last edited by Jaekae at May 5, 2008,
yep. sounds pretty good for the money...although if you have a bit more money left, an ibanez ts808 or maybe a fulltone OCD (expensive, tho) would do alot better than the bad monkey
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Why do u need a mini stack for your bedroom? Just get Native Instruments guitar rig and a usb audio interface and thats it sorted.

High five.
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
Great, except from the Holy Grail. Weird spacey sound goes into amp. Amp makes it sound wank. The end.

Quote by Bigdave9576
Why do u need a mini stack for your bedroom? Just get Native Instruments guitar rig and a usb audio interface and thats it sorted.

High five.
Yep, I do the same kinda thing. ToneLab into soundcard = best bedroom rig ever.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at May 5, 2008,
Yeah seems good; I was gonna go for the BH but decided I'm getting the Valve Junior instead.

I was told to get the Bad Monkey. I might, but if I have enough, I'll get a Ts808 or some kind if Ibanez Tubescreamer.

Overall, your choices sound good.
For bedroom playing, I recommend at LEAST 100watts of tube power. You'll be pushing it to be heard with that though.
Signatures are overrated.
^hahahahaha...bad use of sarcasm..

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
Quote by musicfreak003
^hahahahaha...bad use of sarcasm..

Sarcasm?
Quote by Moe.
For bedroom playing, I recommend at LEAST 100watts of tube power. You'll be pushing it to be heard with that though.

Moe hit the nail on the head with that one. the only thing i would change is you would need a 4x12 so that you can be heard anywhere in your room. you can only really hear a 112 if your standing in front of it.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Moe.

The thing is Moe, even though you don't NEED all this freakin' power for a bedroom rig, the condition exists where you MIGHT end up needing more and being unable to afford it (been there). So instead of dicking around on a new purchase (buying small) you go for the big stuff (100 watts+)and do it right once and be done. I don't NEED a Bogner half stack either but I sure would like one...for bedroom practice even...
^guys wtf is going on...todays not april fools..

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
Quote by .arkness:.
Moe hit the nail on the head with that one. the only thing i would change is you would need a 4x12 so that you can be heard anywhere in your room. you can only really hear a 112 if your standing in front of it.

Ahh I love UG.
If it's only for practice I'd be more inclined to buy a solid state amp, just because the little 5 watters don't sound any good until you get the volume up a bit.

And, the carbon copy and holy grail in front of the amp will sound messy, if you want to use delay/reverb pedals you'd be better off with an amp that has an effects loop.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
If it's only for practice I'd be more inclined to buy a solid state amp, just because the little 5 watters don't sound any good until you get the volume up a bit.

And, the carbon copy and holy grail in front of the amp will sound messy, if you want to use delay/reverb pedals you'd be better off with an amp that has an effects loop.

im getting a tube amp because i want to upgrade from my cube,

how messy? will it be bad, or kinda good but better in loop ? theres not any 5 watters that got a fx loop i think
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard