ok im looking for a guitar with a floyd rose (or anything similar) that will be good for heavy metallica-like stuff. i could care less about how it sounds on clean. im also very picky about the way the guitar looks haha so far here are my options:

-jackson dxmg dinky
-esp ltd m100
-ibanez rg350dx
-ibanez rg370dx
-ibanez rg370dxgp1bk

im open to any other guitars anybody would recommend, im just trying to keep the price under $500
no

but seriously try a cort z-44 or z-42 or z-24,

very good and versitile (it has a push-pull coil tap), looks pretty sick
Quote by Martindecorum
ill go one of the ibanez models, but if ur trying to play metallica, go the esp ltd for the obvious reasons

what the hell are u stupid? ur tone comes from ur amp mostly. Even if u have one of those Limited Edition KH 2 and have a ****y first act amp u wont sound like metallica at all. go for jackson
So ill be the first to ask. What amp do you have? Rule of thumb

****ty amp + awesome guitar = ****ty sound
awesome amp + ****ty guitar = Good sound
awesome amp + awesome guitar = Teh winz
Quote by devit
what the hell are u stupid? ur tone comes from ur amp mostly. Even if u have one of those Limited Edition KH 2 and have a ****y first act amp u wont sound like metallica at all. go for jackson

Heck why do u think i said i personally will go for the ibanez
yeh but the u said IF U WANT TO SOUND LIKE METALLICA or something along the lines.
Quote by Chaosinborn
So ill be the first to ask. What amp do you have? Rule of thumb

****ty amp + awesome guitar = ****ty sound
awesome amp + ****ty guitar = Good sound
awesome amp + awesome guitar = Teh winz

i have a marshall mg100hdfx/mg412 half stack and i run the guitar through a digitech rp250 effects pedal.
Quote by devit
u have a ****ty amp. MG are prob the worst amps out there

not really. without any pedals or anything it sounds kind of bad, but with my digitech rp250 and gibson sg, it sounds amazing.
Ibanez RG5EX1's are pretty brutal looking, has 2 humbuckers, a single coil, trem bar, and locking nuts. Sounds good clean, overdriven, distorted, and all the other s**t. Line 6 Spider 3's are the perfect match for this guitar if you don't play one style only. Hope I helped!
Quote by Back in Red
Ibanez RG5EX1's are pretty brutal looking, has 2 humbuckers, a single coil, trem bar, and locking nuts. Sounds good clean, overdriven, distorted, and all the other s**t. Line 6 Spider 3's are the perfect match for this guitar if you don't play one style only. Hope I helped!

thanks i actually looked at that one, but i couldnt find it in any other color, and i dont really like that grey pewter color, but ill add it to my options.
Cool, and if you do get a floyd rose, make sure you set the spring tension to match the STRING tension.
Quote by blakefoster937
not really. without any pedals or anything it sounds kind of bad, but with my digitech rp250 and gibson sg, it sounds amazing.

why would u want another guitar?
Quote by devit
why would u want another guitar?

the gibsons good no questions, but im starting to do a lot of soloing and songwriting that requires a tremolo, which my sg doesn't have
Quote by Horlicks
WAIT, you have a Gibson SG?!? There's no need for a new guitar, get a new amp.

i am trying to keep the price under $500 and i wont find an amp better than my mg100 for less than $500