I've been wanting to get a facebook, but I don't know if I should. I've heard about the problems that facebook and myspace and stuf create drama and that colleges check your facebook page and stuff to find out more about you. I was wondering: is a facebook worth it?
are you in high school? then no.

are you in college/going to college in the fall? then yes.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Facebook broadcasts everything about your life
"Sam just had a Soapy Wank"
....wait what?
Drive me home Jeeves
Its a cool concept...but i find it to be way to time consuming/addicting.
My Gear
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez RG550
Fender Tele Deluxe
Mesa/Boogie Lonestar
Keeley Compressor
Keeley TS808
Do it!
It could be a great way to advertise yourself to your employers and colleges.
Quote by fly fly fly
I've been wanting to get a facebook, but I don't know if I should. I've heard about the problems that facebook and myspace and stuf create drama and that colleges check your facebook page and stuff to find out more about you. I was wondering: is a facebook worth it?

I use a fake name on my Facebook so they cant check up on me!

Muahahahahahaha!

(Only my friends know the fake name.)
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Don't bother. Facebook useage is falling because everyone has got fed up with all the schoolkids, stupid applications and pointless spam groups that have taken it over. It was really good two years ago, but now it's really crap. Some other site will come along soon that does it better.
Quote by Guitardude19

Muahahahahahaha!

I have nothing to hide on my facebook and neither should you.

If you don't like it, then you can just cancel your account.
Quote by Craigo
I have nothing to hide on my facebook and neither should you.

If you don't like it, then you can just cancel your account.

More like: I am hiding from people I dont like so I changed my name so only people I like can find me. All the privacy settings are set so no one can see me.... My block list has 50 names on it.... Yea Ima hiding!

And I have a lot to hide...
I'm addicted to Facebook.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
Quote by Guitardude19

More like: I am hiding from people I dont like so I changed my name so only people I like can find me. All the privacy settings are set so no one can see me.... My block list has 50 names on it.... Yea Ima hiding!

And I have a lot to hide...

Wow, it's not like you can deny friend applications and put your profile on private...
Quote by Chak
I'm addicted to Facebook.

Oh really? *looks at Chak's 57091524561234 billion photos uploaded*
social networks are stupid, all it is is a forum for people to talk about how drunk and stupid they were and a contest for girls to see who is the whoriest.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by dannyniceboy
social networks are stupid, all it is is a forum for people to talk about how drunk and stupid they were and a contest for girls to see who is the whoriest.

Or a great way to connect with old friends or friends who live far away.
Quote by Guitardude19

Muahahahahahaha!

Haha, same here. The only problem is that whenever i add people i haven't met recently, the usually ignore me or message me and ask me who i am. I find it rather amusing at time.
Quote by Craigo
Or a great way to connect with old friends or friends who live far away.

If it was used like that I would agree, unfortunately it just there to see who can take the most pictures of themselves at parties and post it online hoping someone will see them and think they are really cool and popular. Also I find it disgusting people think everyone in the world wants to know what the hell they did that weekend. It's like forcing every one of your friends to watch a slide show of your vacation.

It's vision may have been a great one, but people have ruined it.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by dannyniceboy
If it was used like that I would agree, unfortunately it just there to see who can take the most pictures of themselves at parties and post it online hoping someone will see them and think they are really cool and popular. Also I find it disgusting people think everyone in the world wants to know what the hell they did that weekend. It's like forcing every one of your friends to watch a slide show of your vacation.

It's vision may have been a great one, but people have ruined it.

Haha. I know several users who are like that, but it doesn't stop me from using mine properly

Fair dos.
Quote by Craigo
Wow, it's not like you can deny friend applications and put your profile on private...

Its not as simple as that.

My profile is on private... I just dont want people I used to go to school with to know about me (they are asshats the lot of them). I dont want them to know I exist for various reasons. Plus I dont want random people at uni who I dont know to find me on there.

Only people I know and trust have access to me. No one else.

I dont even exist to some people its awesome.
Quote by Freddedonna
Oh really? *wanks to Chak's 57091524561234 billion photos uploaded*

Ah fred you dirty dog, you
Quote by Freddedonna
Oh really? *looks at Chak's 57091524561234 billion photos uploaded*

Oh yeah, I totally have you on Facebook

Creeper.
Decisions today sure are tough, huh?
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by MastaBassist10
r u on mi fasebuk? wil u b my frend?

I think you are already... was it your birthday the other day? I saw it but I didn't say anything. Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Facebook have a load of security issues due to their applications. I don't like it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia