OK, so i have an Ibanez RG370DX. I screwed up when i first bought it, changing the strings(I took them all off at one time) and i totally botched the action. I haven't been able to get it back down to a reasonable level since.

I was considering removing the trem/filling the trem cavity, and refinishing it PGM-style (White with black f-holes, i have white seymour duncan pickups in now).

Does anyone think this is a horrible idea? Or any advice/warnings/things i should be aware of?
See above post ^
Quote by ofXoneblood
OK, so i have an Ibanez RG370DX. I screwed up when i first bought it, changing the strings(I took them all off at one time) and i totally botched the action. I haven't been able to get it back down to a reasonable level since.

I was considering removing the trem/filling the trem cavity, and refinishing it PGM-style (White with black f-holes, i have white seymour duncan pickups in now).

Does anyone think this is a horrible idea? Or any advice/warnings/things i should be aware of?

Just out of curiosity, did you replace the strings with a set of the same guage?

Edit: Also, about the trem.. how about just locking the Floyd Rose down, instead of removing/filling it?
the first time i changed them, i for some reason thought it would be ok to use a different gauge.

i thought about just locking it, but i figured if i was going to refinish it i could just take the trem out permanently.
See above post ^
Well, the current bridge is an edge III, so it sounds like a great idea. If you don't use the trem, then get rid of it, fill in the cavity and put a top mounting hardtail strat style bridge on instead. No problems with painting just read the sticky at the top of the page. You'd have to remove the locking nut, unless you get a hardtail with fine tuners.
I don't think it's a horrble idea. Unoriginal yes. You do have a backup guitar right?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ofXoneblood
the first time i changed them, i for some reason thought it would be ok to use a different gauge.

i thought about just locking it, but i figured if i was going to refinish it i could just take the trem out permanently.

If you changed them to a higher guage, you'd have to tighten the claw on the back of the trem to compensate for the increased string tension.

Taking the trem out would be fine, but make sure that you fill and finish the cavity cleanly. The only potential problem is finding somewhere secure, and in the right position, to mount the new bridge. You shouldn't really secure it to any area that you've filled. Because you've got a Licensed Floyd already, you'll have a pretty big cavity on the front of the body, which is where the 5 mounting screws to the fixed bridge would go. If you're going for an Ibanez-style fixed bridge, you'll need to get some back-of-body string ferrules too.

Having said that, it might be fine!
So you're going to totally rework the tailpiece because you changed your strings?
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
yeah i have an ibanez s470 that i use when i want the trem and i also have a schecter C1 Lady Luck.

I'm thinking about doing different colors, instead of white and black. I've got about a week or so to think about it, stupid college final exams.

*edit*
I'm not going to rework the tailpiece solely on the fact that i changed the strings.
I want to refinish this guitar, and i passionately hate the edge II trem. So i figured i'd combine everything into one project.
See above post ^
i'm in the process of filling in the tremolo route in my guitar. although the routed cavity isn't nearly as cavernous as the route on an ibanez. mine isn't much bigger than a standard strat tremolo route

check the link
So, what are you doing with the trem once you remove it?
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
can i have the base plate from your floyd if you change it?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
yeah, if someone wants the remnants of it when i'm done i'll ship within the US.
See above post ^
il pay to ship it to ireand
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by ofXoneblood
yeah, if someone wants the remnants of it when i'm done i'll ship within the US.

I might just take you up on that.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free