I know everyone says to be appreciative of everyone elses styles of music, but is it okay to make fun of my friend if the only music he knows how to play is from guitar hero / the reason he started playing was because he liked guitar hero?
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
crappy jasmine branded takamine acoustic guitar
You gotta get your inspiration from somewhere. I wouldn't like, hardcore mock him. I might tease him a bit, but don't put him off actually wanting to learn just because it was because of a video game.

Hell, commend the video game for garnering an interest in actual guitar playing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by spark29
I know everyone says to be appreciative of everyone elses styles of music, but is it okay to make fun of my friend if the only music he knows how to play is from guitar hero / the reason he started playing was because he liked guitar hero?

How about thinking of ways to help and encourage your friend as opposed to being a wanker?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Like, you need to push blue and green for this chord or something like that.
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
perhaps he will like it and discover his talent and without guitar hero he had never found that out...
He gets enough encouragement from me. He made fun of me because I play a lot of iron maiden songs and so I'm supposed to make fun of him back. That's what friends do. Speaking of that, does anyone have any guitar hero based insults?
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
Quote by spark29
Like, you need to push blue and green for this chord or something like that.

omg yeah, that'll be like...so the funniest!

honestly, just grow up. If you post on here asking for advice on witty comebacks you're liable to just get the piss ripped out of you
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by spark29
He gets enough encouragement from me. He made fun of me because I play a lot of iron maiden songs and so I'm supposed to make fun of him back. That's what friends do. Speaking of that, does anyone have any guitar hero based insults?

Beyond "I don't care how good you are at Guitar Hero, I play the actual guitar"? No, that one works fine enough for me.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I say if Guitar Hero inspires people to pick up an actual guitar, then the game is a success. I just hope he didn't go in thinking that playing GH is ANYTHING AT ALL like playing an actual guitar. And so what if all he knows right now is songs from GH? Maybe he likes those songs, and he was already used to coordinating with them. I'm sure he'll learn other songs eventually.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
fair doos,good work guitar hero for getting him to start playing
but that insult was great
I hope he expands his tastes though
How is his inspiration for playing guitar any different to yours. I assume you play maiden because they are an inspiration for you? He plays songs off guitar hero because they are an inspiration for him. Be a little more open-minded