http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm
Never really knew much about this holiday other than it is used as an excuse to go out and get hammered. (Not that I need any excuses ). But JoJ made a comment about it in a thread yesterday and it got me to wondering what Cinco De Mayo was all about. Now I know. Just thought I'd share.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Haha, I have to work today. My boss had the audacity to ask me to dress up for the occasion knowing I own a poncho and a sombraro. I'm going to walk in dressed as a corpse.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Haha, I have to work today. My boss had the audacity to ask me to dress up for the occasion knowing I own a poncho and a sombraro. I'm going to walk in dressed as a corpse.

LOL I get it cause drunk driving kills people!
/sarcam
Unlike everybody else here who wants to get hammered, I actually celebrate it and then get hammered. I mean, its not like it a big whoop or anything, but there is meaning behind it.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by americablanco
Unlike everybody else here who wants to get hammered, I actually celebrate it and then get hammered. I mean, its not like it a big whoop or anything, but there is meaning behind it.

And I had no idea what that meaning was until 15 minutes ago.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Renka
*IN AN ABSOLUT WORLD

There was a huge controversy about that advertisement but it is so true.
Quote by Grundy0
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by metaldud536
LOL I get it cause drunk driving kills people!
/sarcam

No, because as a joke I convinced her that Cinco De Mayo is the Day of the Dead.

Edit: Though, when we were decorating for Halloween, we had a Scooby Doo theme, and after she left one day I put the Mystery Mobile we made next to the beer displays, and had the dolls we had inside it sounded by bottles of Captain Morgan so it looked like they died from a drunk driving accident. I got written up for that one.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by americablanco

Only in the US.

It's like their new gay advertisements.
Quote by americablanco

what huge controversy? The fact that America conquered a developed nation to in order to expand? Pfft.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, because as a joke I convinced her that Cinco De Mayo is the Day of the Dead.

Quote by Renka

Dude that gets rid of Texas AND California!!

....they can freakin have it

also, some idiot asked me when cinco de wayo was...

...*faceearth*
Quote by metaldud536
what huge controversy? The fact that America conquered a developed nation to in order to expand? Pfft.

I edited that post, you'll miss the true lulz if you don't read the update. Seriously, though..

Day of the Dead>Cinco De Mayo.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I edited that post, you'll miss the true lulz if you don't read the update. Seriously, though..

Day of the Dead>Cinco De Mayo.

Wow! Do you work at a supermarket?
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Have you been here lately? They already have it.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by SeveralSpecies

also, some idiot asked me when cinco de wayo was...

...*faceearth*

Actually, I've heard from reliable sources that most of the American douches come from New Jersey.

They said it on the Daily Show.
Quote by Renka
Actually, I've heard from reliable sources that most of the American douches come from New Jersey.

Lies!

George Bush is from Texas.

....I rest my case....
Quote by Renka

It's somewhat true, although technically the douches come from a place called Nu Joisey, all I'm going off of is pronunciation.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by metaldud536
Wow! Do you work at a supermarket?

Nah, I'm a pump jockey. So I get all the really moronic people who can't be bothered to go to the super market. Its great, I sell people their weekends, what with my gasoline, my cigarettes, and my rivers of liquor. Today, I'm going to get a lot of morons who have no idea what Cinco De Mayo is, celebrating the hell out of it. And oddly enough, they're under the impression that they have the moral authority to complain about something I do or say. My listening to The Chronic by Doctor Dre while there are customers in the store is apparently much worse than letting your kids see you drunk off your ass. Go fig. And yes, the stuff that happens in Clerks.. Some of it really does happen. You do get a lot of static for selling cigarettes to people. I generally explain that they should be happy that I'm killing off people who are stupid enough to smoke. (That's not really an insult, I'm a smoker, too.)

I dunno, customers really annoy me sometimes. I'm not allowed to smoke in the office anymore because customers were complaining about smelling smoke.. yeah, if you're worried about those dangerous fumes, you should probably stay away from the gas pumps, moron. Everything I sell will kill you. Enjoy your fatty foods.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Masamune
You win, sir.

Yea I wasn't about to dilly dally on that one, I went straight for the kill.
About the ad:

The company was trying to make a joke (and indeed, a very bad one) but some Americans took it the wrong way (others up the ***). And that's pretty much it!

About George Bush, he was only Governor of Texas, not an actual citizen of Texas and only moved there so he can carry the state when he ran for president. Like how Hillary is a Senator from New York, but not from New York.
Quote by Grundy0
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Lies!

George Bush is from Texas.

....I rest my case....

I have no problem with Bush; only the people who voted for him... Twice...

And Dick Cheney! And all your senators but one.
Quote by Renka
I have no problem with Bush; only the people who voted for him... Twice...

And Dick Cheney! And all your senators but one.

Well, Jersey voted for Gore, Texas voted for Bush.
i'm mexican!!!! hooray 4 all those who use today as an excuse for bad and fun stuff!!!

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well, Jersey voted for Gore, Texas voted for Bush.

Sounds like a Lose Lose to me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by metaldud536
^ You said a mouthfull there Jill. It seems you like your job but not your customers.

Actually, I like both of them. I do like my job, I just get really annoyed by people sometimes. Yesterday there were these two skater kids skating on the parking lot, which I don't really care too much about if it is later in the day and there's no one in the lot, or very few people. But they were doing it when we were at our busiest, so I asked them to do it elsewhere. They chose to do it next to my brand new car, which I got a month ago. I noticed then when I was taking out the trash and smoking a ciggy. The little bastards had the audacity to tell me I was a bad person for smoking, so I asked them to leave altogether. They proceeded to annoy me, so I pulled out my cell phone and acted like I was actually going to bother the police. They were furious, and I'm sure their mommy and daddy's, who are friends with my manager, are going to piss and moan about it. For the most part, I like the people that come in, and my job is fun because I usually get away with murder, like when I set up a kissing booth in the middle of the floor, charging a penny for kisses.

What this has to do with Cinco De Mayo: I don't know. But I'm wearing a sombraro right now, so we can pretend like its related.
Quote by vintage x metal

I just got a bottle of some really hard stuff yesterday. I was going to wait till the weekend with my friends and be responsible because theres school tomorrow, but cinco de mayo sounds like the perfect excuse for having fun tonight. It feels like its getting overlooked this year though, like no one even mentioned it today in school but myself, probably because its on a monday :/
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm wearing a sombraro right now, And nothing else, so we can pretend like its related.

I've learned how to cut through his babble and get right to what he really is saying.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by The Leader
Have you been here lately? They already have it.

I went to Texas recently. Trust me, there are way more Hispanic people up here in Illinois than there are in Texas.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Jackal58
Sounds like a Lose Lose to me.

Look, we had a choice between two bowls of sh*t. We chose the one that was non-explosive.