Page 1 of 2
What do you think?
Gear.

Ibanez Iceman IC400.

And Daron Malakians custom triangle pick.

Thats all you need to know.
Only if you're weak minded enought to let it affect your judgement. In which case you shouldn't be old enough to legally purchase the game.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I did a research paper. It's still a continuing study.

What is for certain is that the amygdala is active during these kinds of games which puts the mind into a fighting state.
Quote by Ichimaru
Only if you're weak minded enought to let it affect your judgement. In which case you shouldn't be old enough to legally purchase the game.

This is sensible.

If you are influenced by games, then you are likely to be influenced by any other form of media.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by sg255

If you are influenced by games, then you are likely to be influenced by any other form of media.

so true.
It really depends on who's playing it. That's all there is to it I think. I'm not going to start shooting pensioners up after playing it. But not everyone is the same - so in a sense, yes.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
The only way GTA effected me is me and my friends refer to each other as CJ, Sweet and Big Smoke.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
They STOP me from doing violent things! If I couldn't torch someone with a flamethrower in the game world, what the hell would stop me from doing it in reality?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Posts numbers 2, 3 and 4...pretty much sums it up
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
i loved the games a lot. i love the whole sadism thing in grindcore music aswell.

it must only effect idiots.
Quote by ValoRhoads
They STOP me from doing violent things! If I couldn't torch someone with a flamethrower in the game world, what the hell would stop me from doing it in reality?

That's a very flawed argument you have there.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
well my four year old nephew plays halo everyday and he hasnt gone to kill anyone and teabag them shortly after
Quote by kidsilcon
That's a very flawed argument you have there.

Yeah, it was alot more of a joke. A bad one. I didn't actually mean it.
Yes, now lets go kill some hookers.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by ValoRhoads
Yeah, it was alot more of a joke. A bad one. I didn't actually mean it.

Oh damn.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by kidsilcon
Oh damn.

it's all good mate
After playing GTA and Tekken for a couple of hours, I feel slightly more agressive... But I wouldnt go outside to shoot random people :P
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
I blame society/ parents.
Only stupid people are influenced by media,exept for music.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by metaldud536
You do know that a kids mind works like a tape recorder. It records everything and plays it back.

Who are we talking about here though? Kids or adults?

Kids aren't supposed to be playing these games. Thats the fault of the deadbeat parents.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by hugh20
I blame society/ parents.
Only stupid people are influenced by media,exept for music.

Music isn't media, it's art, but then movies, games etc. can be considered art as well, as long as it expresses emotion and ideas, rather than mindless violence.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
The problem is fundamentally economic.

Due to economics the parents have to work --> aren't around to take care of their Hellspawn.

I was raised by two loving parents and I played the most violent games available while listening to the most aggressive music anyone had created at the time. I turned out okay.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
The problem is fundamentally economic.

Due to economics the parents have to work --> aren't around to take care of their Hellspawn.

I was raised by two loving parents and I played the most violent games available while listening to the most aggressive music anyone had created at the time. I turned out okay.

simple solution, don't have them in the first place.
Hang on, I'll answer just as soon as I've cleaned the blood of my clothes...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by metaldud536
You do know that a kids mind works like a tape recorder. It records everything and plays it back.

Who are we talking about here though? Kids or adults?

Kids shouldn't be playing GTA or Manhunt, so we'll assume adults. If kids are influenced by it, you can thank their parents for that, as they must be the ones who bought them the game.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
No.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
They don't encourage violence, they offer an outlet to release aggression in a perfectly safe virtual environment.

If you go kill someone and video games get the blame for it, that's a load of crap, you already had mental problems to begin with.
hug your local pug dealer!
Quote by metaldud536
I did a research paper. It's still a continuing study.

What is for certain is that the amygdala is active during these kinds of games which puts the mind into a fighting state.

all video games are meant to do that. when you are watching an intense movie, or listening to a 'pump-up' song you like, that can happen. if the games or movies or songs weren't gripping, they would be useless.
ABSOLUTELY video games cause violence. am i the only one that sees this?!! doesnt anyone realize before video games came along there was no such thing as war, violence and sex? we were all living on marshmallow rainbows of peace and happiness!! ban video games for good!!!
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by sg255
Music isn't media, it's art, but then movies, games etc. can be considered art as well, as long as it expresses emotion and ideas, rather than mindless violence.

GTA isn't mindless violence. it simulates real-life and usually has a decent plot, if you look into it further then what mothers say. of course you can go on a rampage and kill people, but you get arrested and lose if you do.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
ABSOLUTELY video games cause violence. am i the only one that sees this?!! doesnt anyone realize before video games came along there was no such thing as war, violence and sex? we were all living on marshmallow rainbows of peace and happiness!! ban video games for good!!!

YES Hitler definetly played violent video games, and don't even get me started on the Vikings!
I doubt it would effect most of us.

I'm sure it has negatively influenced SOMEONE though.

Just like SOME people use guns illegaly. But not many (compared to the size of the population)

I don't think they should outlaw it or anything.
Last edited by Vagabond21 at May 5, 2008,
Quote by sg255

You're saying mindless violence isn't art? How do you figure that?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Page 1 of 2