I was thinking about maybe buying Boss MT-2 Metal Zone or DigiTech XMM Metal Master to boost my lead tone (stuff like Metallica/Megadeth...),but I heard that pedals are not so good with SS amps.So does anyone have experience with this particular combination?
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Don't use them as a boost on an SS amp, just as you main distortion. And don't get either of those pedal, get a metal muff for metallica/megadeth stuff.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
which cube do you have?
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Quote by Teen Spirit
which cube do you have?

30X, says so in his sig.

I don't know know how well the pedal's gonna work with your amp (it's modelling afterall), but I suggest you try it in a store (with your own amp or a similar) before you buy it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by HeliuM
Don't use them as a boost on an SS amp, just as you main distortion. And don't get either of those pedal, get a metal muff for metallica/megadeth stuff.

Any other suggestion for solo boost on my amp?
Current situation:
Quote by HeliuM

+1 i tryed boosting with my multi fx pedal and it sounded like crap (does crap actualy make a sound? )
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by rockdan101
+1 i tryed boosting with my multi fx pedal and it sounded like crap (does crap actualy make a sound? )

Any other boost then?
Current situation:
Don't get a distortion or boost pedal for a modelling amp for the love of god.
Whoever says SS + pedals = bad needs to rethink. Really, only modelling amps don't sound good with distortion/modulater pedals. I would go for an EQ pedal and leave it at that.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You can't really boost the distortion on a modelling amp, they don't work like that.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com