Page 1 of 2
Why is society so depressing? You walk down the high street and there are chavs and people with a waistline the size of China?
Does anyone else feel like this?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Nope, cos i'm on acid.

Not really.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
we all no the world is changing, but theres nothing we can really do about it except live our own lives the best we can
I'm gonna immigrate

Maybe buy a nice house in the hamptons

... maybe not
Yes it seems that as the greater problems we are approaching as a society grow nearer, people are growing more disconnected and out of focus. It doesn't make sense.

Wait no, it does. Theres too much comfort and safety.
We're only strays.
humanity peaked a while back the only way now is down
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by hugh20
Why is society so depressing? You walk down the high street and there are chavs and people with a waistline the size of China?

How do fat people equate with the dumbing down of society?
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by cagnius

If you get obese, you are a dumbass

Unless you have biological issues

STOP EATING AND EXERCISE... pffft
Quote by cagnius

Because the majority of them do nothing to help themselves and just blame their lazyness on everything else.
FACT: People are dumb.

Society is made up of people.

Therefore, society is dumb.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I'll tell you why society is dumb - because it is seen as cool to have a low intelligence. As incomprehensible as that is, it is true.
Quote by meh17
If you get obese, you are a dumbass

Unless you have biological issues

STOP EATING AND EXERCISE... pffft

Fancy explaining just how that is?

Some of the most intelligent people I know are far from slender.
Quote by Craigo
Society, in no point in History, has ever been good.

FACT.

Agreed.

Although the general state of the world is still kinda depressing.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Retro Rocker
Because the majority of them do nothing to help themselves and just blame their lazyness on everything else.

Really? Where is your empirical evidence of this? Or have you just made a blind-assertion?
Anti-intellectualism perpetuated by the government to disarm the people.

The media is too blame with its obsession with celebrity, rather than setting about trying to improve one surroundings and themselves people take quick escapes by being amazed at the riches of others as flaunted by television and other mediums.

It makes me very sad but the only thing we can do is better our own lifes and hope others take note
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
I don't think society is any less intelligent, but I do think it's less radical, less motivated and shows its stupidity in different ways.

I also think there's a blinding selfishness that was not prevalent pre-80s.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Yes. Life is **** is'nt it. At least in UK.
im gonna move somewhere out of the way where i can be happy!!

WOOHOOO...

Oh and i understand about the chavs but what does fat ppl have to do with dumbing down society? I bet a lot of those fat people have had a lot of crap in thier lives from people like you and i bet they're really nice people if you get to know 'em.
Unless they're fat chavettes ... i F*CKIN' HATE THEM TOO!!! They think they're all sexy and they wear their Argos bling on every finger, nose and ear (an they go on at ppl with chains) and they all have that skinny drug addict chav lad who has that bum fluff mustache, ****ty Lo'Coste "Trackie" crap cap and had to rob all the fat chavette's bling over the course of 3 years... not to mention the rest of thier belongings in there sh*tty, cold counsil house overrun by scruffy chav kids who are half way through car jacking school...

Or is that just in my town???
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
A famous philosopher once said, "Hell is other people". A statement I tend to agree with.
Quote by Aramis
I'll tell you why society is dumb - because it is seen as cool to have a low intelligence. As incomprehensible as that is, it is true.

This is an excellent point, if you show any extended effort and desire to be good in any area you are seen as a 'geek' or 'nerd' or whatever you want to call it.

The idiots are winning as they are control and also infact recruiting more idiots.
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
Quote by gary666

WOOHOOO...

Oh and i understand about the chavs but what does fat ppl have to do with dumbing down society? I bet a lot of those fat people have had a lot of crap in thier lives from people like you and i bet they're really nice people if you get to know 'em.
Unless they're fat chavettes ... i F*CKIN' HATE THEM TOO!!! They think they're all sexy and they wear their Argos bling on every finger, nose and ear (an they go on at ppl with chains) and they all have that skinny drug addict chav lad who has that bum fluff mustache, ****ty Lo'Coste "Trackie" crap cap and had to rob all the fat chavette's bling over the course of 3 years... not to mention the rest of thier belongings in there sh*tty, cold counsil house overrun by scruffy chav kids who are half way through car jacking school...

Defo not just your town

It's an epedemic
Quote by Telesmoker
A famous philosopher once said, "Hell is other people". A statement I tend to agree with.

I think I saw that in a Dilbert comic...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
It was Sartre you philistines/n00bs

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by cagnius
Fancy explaining just how that is?

Some of the most intelligent people I know are far from slender.

i agree, have you ever seen WBM?
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Quote by gary666

WOOHOOO...

I refuse you are 20 in two days time.
Quote by cagnius

+1

though only stupid people eat bad food and don't exercise

And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I know exactly what you mean.
My friends and I talk about this all the time.
We hate the fact that society is getting more ignorant by the day.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
^At what point was the world full of enlightened geniuses? Biblical times? The Dark Ages?

How the fuck can you people be nostalgic about times you've never lived in? The world is infinitely better than it ever was. We have more food, more money, bigger houses, any way you can think of improving our lives, we've managed to do it. And still "the world is going down the drain". Well while you people sit here and bitch on your top of the line PCs and 12 trillion KB internet connections, I'm going to wonder how the world can be worse than any other point in history, despite there being an apparently infinite number of cretins with those luxuries.

And TS, you do know how delightfully ironic your thread is? You can't dumb down society. You dumb down media and suchlike: films, books, the news etc. You've just jumped at a phrase which looks vaguely appropriate and used it. Not to mention that the things you mention in your post aren't examples of society being "dumbed down", if indeed it could be.

For people who manage to bitch about things without making themselves look like fools by committing the very error they are complaining about, yes, society is very depressing, even more so than for you.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at May 5, 2008,
Quote by hugh20

You're stereotyping, and your prejudiced towards overweight people. You are the problem.

People can dress how they want and eat what they want, it's none of your business.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by meh!

I also think there's a blinding selfishness that was not prevalent pre-80s.

+1

The amount of selfishness I see everyday is disgusting. I mean I'm not the most selfless person, but even I notice that most people just don't care about anything but themselves. That makes for a very unhappy life.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
+1

The amount of selfishness I see everyday is disgusting. I mean I'm not the most selfless person, but even I notice that most people just don't care about anything but themselves. That makes for a very unhappy life.

HELLO. THIS IS HUMANITY, APPROXIMATELY THE SAME SINCE 200,000 BC.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
This kind of reminds me of Snowball in Animal Farm. He was the intellectual of society and tried to eduacate people(animals), but due to Napoleans intervention, it was cut short and the people remained stupid and easily manipulated.

I try to introduce people to more intellectual ideals of society (like reading a proper newspaper) at my part time job, its like screaming at a brick wall.
Last edited by Muckle at May 5, 2008,
Page 1 of 2