Hi, what's the best portable amp that i could buy for around £50, possibly stretching a bit further. At the moment the Cactus amp in a can is at the top of my list.

Any ideas or suggestions???
a smokey amp!

But seriously that is not enough for a good portable amp. You need a Pignose or a Crate Taxi, those are some good ones.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Roland micro cube.
And what exactly do you consider portible, easy to carry anywhere and just plug in, or do you want it to have its own power supply, if not get an epi VJ combo.
something very easy to carry, weighing under 10lbs, and about 10 inches tallish. battery power isn't too important
i have never owned a portable one but i know you can orange microcrushes and they look pretty sweet, those amps in a can look awsome, its in a can!!
orange micro crush it is. its jst so damn orange!!! got 2 channels which is cool and i love the tone on my mates crush 10 so this'll be cool and it's definately small enuf
A Microcube is great, although it's a bit more than that. Used maybe?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
hahahahahahahahha, nah man dont get the micro crush its a real piece when compared to a roland cube and lets not even get into comparing to the Epi.
Get an epi VJ or a Microcube.
I would rather much have a valve junior than the cube but its al personal prefrence.
Last edited by the-kidR44 at May 5, 2008,
Quote by the-kidR44
hahahahahahahahha, nah man dont get the micro crush its a real piece when compared to a roland cube and lets not even get into comparing to the Epi.
Get an epi VJ or a Microcube.
I would rather much have a valve junior than the cube but its al personal prefrence.

Yeah, the Micro Crush sucks majorly.

If the Epi VJ's unportableness is an issue, get a Microcube.

Then again, you DO want a portable amp, so I doubt the VJ would be suitable for you, unless you are somehow able to use it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild