Hey there,

I've been searching a new guitar for a while, and finally found one for my style. This one I really like. It's Ibanez JEM555Wh. The sucky thing is though, I live in Finland, and they don't sell those in here. So I thought I could order one from Thomann, which I've found very reliable.

But of course, you never should buy a guitar without trying it before, eh? Well I might do an exception here. But I need to know does anyone know, how good this really is. Or is it just a sucky "give us your money"-thingy. If you've tried, I'd like to hear your opinions. Or what do you think of it when watching the info (in a link a bit below).

Do you think the whammy is good? How about the mics? Or do you think it stays in tune?

Ibanez JEM555Wh in Thomann: http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_jem555wh.htm

I really appreciate your opinions, or even thoughts without any experience with it.
i should think it should be quite good, remember vai actually plays these things. but he smashes them afterwards, theres mixed reveiws so id look a little further into it before a purchase
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Don't buy it. The second guitarist for my old band had one, and it was crap. Didn't really stay in tune and sounded dreadful. Got very ice-picky at times.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
My understanding is that the 555 has a much reduced build quality than the JEM7VWH or JEM7DBK - those are the "real" JEMs that sell in stores right now, and my 7VWH is by far the best guitar I've ever played, and I expect it to be the guitar I keep for years and years. It's more money, though, but it's Japanese built instead of Korean (555 is built there, I believe), has the higher-end Dimarzio Evo 2's (which sound amazing), and just feels "right" in every sense of the word.
well i test drove one an i kinda like it!!! the whammy feels good but i dont see the sense in paying the extra cash for a rg with a monkey grip !!!!! basically buy a rg and mod it u wud come out cheaper
So, Ibanez JEM7V, which is a bit too expensive for me.. is it just "better", or is it ALOT better? If it's just better I think I'm looking for something else. If it's ALOT better, I might try to get another 1000euros...
its alot alot better your be surprised the the 555 is even a jem when you pick up the 7v
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by HIValicious
So, Ibanez JEM7V, which is a bit too expensive for me.. is it just "better", or is it ALOT better? If it's just better I think I'm looking for something else. If it's ALOT better, I might try to get another 1000euros...

An Ibanez RG Prestige is the way to go, you'll get a guitar that's the same build quality as the JEM 7s and pretty much the same save for cosmetics...the 2550 is what I'd go for in your position. The Dimarzio-made IBZ pickups are good too, but if you find they're not to your tastes Evos are 75 euros apiece on Thomann...I'd give the stocks a chance firts though.

http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_rg2550z_gk.htm

the 555 is pretty abysmal - it's little more than a horrendously overpriced RG350DX. I couldn't possibly let you saddle yourself with such a bad guitar, especially since you hail from the country that gave us Sami Hyypia
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at May 5, 2008,