Through the Fire and Flames: possibly the world's most overrated song

Page 1 of 2
everybody thinks through the fire and flames is sooo hardcore and impossible, but all it really is is a speed solo played in Cm and people that are so upsessed with it obviously havent heard alot of other songs. people think its so hard to play because its the last song in guitar hero, and that apparently makes herman li and sam trotman gods
No one cares.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
lol I think its a great song, and i heard it way before guitar hero. And i believe ive heard a lot of other songs. And the song is hard to play.
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
WT R U TLKIN BOUT.. THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES IZ EPIC YEAHH!11!!??

Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
you score cool points for hating dragonforce and having an original opinion<--sarcasm
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by PrabhuDeva
Herman Li is an amazing guitarist - easily top 5 of all time.

TS has no clue what he's talking about.

Seriously hope that's sarcasm...
Feed your mind.
im not a fan of dragon fource but you have to give credit where credit is due that solo is fast and very technical and they're for the genre they're in.

mindless bashing wont get you very far.
Originally Posted by Narcotics
listen to the song focus on the ass and play really really slowley
try and hear each individual note
make sure your using the right ta or guitar pro or what ever u use
Quote by PrabhuDeva

I loled
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
everyone knows that dragonforce songs are played at half speed then speed up for the CD so its hardly hardcore playing but it is very technical and i cant play it anyway so who am i to critisise. It's a good song but ive never heard anyone being obsessed with it.
Last edited by axe_man at May 5, 2008,
Quote by PrabhuDeva

ok this would be an example of someone who has no idea what an amazing guitarist is. herman li is good, no questions, but everybody thinks hes like the best in the world because his song is the hardest song on guitar hero.
Quote by PrabhuDeva

I laughed I lost
鋼の錬金術師
Actually, everyone hates them and that song, so it's not overrated.

And DragonForce is great.
What an incredibly well thought out and original opinion. Nobody has ever said that before, never. I commend you, I mean really, just a huge pat on the back to you for this immensely useful thread.

Now THAT's sarcasm.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by DimebagJosho
WT R U TLKIN BOUT.. THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES IZ EPIC YEAHH!11!!??

lets ignore this guy he just wants some attention
Quote by axe_man
everyone knows that dragonforce songs are played at half speed then speed up for the CD so its hardly hardcore playing. It's a good song but ive never heard anyone being obsessed with it.

Shame it's not true...
Ah, the green-eyed monster rears its ugly head.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by PrabhuDeva

Nice troll.
Or else
You might be right, but this is hardly new. Bad singer, overrated genre/song/guitar players. Quite unoriginal IMO, as stuff like this has been around since the late '70s or early '80s. They might be technical, but they lack any kind of musicality.
Quote by blakefoster937
ok this would be an example of someone who has no idea what an amazing guitarist is. herman li is good, no questions, but everybody thinks hes like the best in the world because his song is the hardest song on guitar hero.

I tend to agree. He's good, and I dig the whole Dragonforce thing (it's cheesy but I think that's what they were going for) but no way is Herman Li in the top 5 of all time.
His chops are better than mine but he is no Vai.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by metal4life592
No one cares.

+1 I think the song sucks balls, but I wouldn't make a thread about it. You may hate it, but some people like it. It's not a big deal.
Hehe...

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Nice troll.

Hey, I caught one at least. Gimme a break

Quote by blakefoster937
Quote by Nyranger
im not a fan of dragon fource but you have to give credit where credit is due that solo is fast and very technical and they're for the genre they're in.

mindless bashing wont get you very far.

but, it was all made on a computer
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
Quote by IronMaiden5
+1 I think the song sucks balls, but I wouldn't make a thread about it. You may hate it, but some people like it. It's not a big deal.

this is the pit 99% of the topics arent big deals. if u dont like this topic then dont post in this thread
the only thing wrong with dragonforce is the fact its cheesy to the point its funny, the reason people are impressed by them is because they havnt anything like it, the reason we arent really that impressed with it is because most of us hear have a wide knowlage of music and probly listen to a wide variety and we know its not that special.

looking back that probly sounds arrogant or snobby
but oh well its how i see it
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at May 5, 2008,
Quote by blakefoster937
this is the pit 99% of the topics arent big deals. if u dont like this topic then dont post in this thread

And if you don't like the song quit bitching about it.

And do you really think, by the response you have gotten, that any one really likes the topic of this thread? No, didn't think so.
Quote by blakefoster937

Uh, nope. about 60% of the pit topics aren't big deals. Not 99%. This thread is pointless, but i love it. It's funnnnayyyy!

The fact that your argument is based on guitar hero adds to the humour
Sweet.
Quote by IronMaiden5
And if you don't like the song quit bitching about it.

And do you really think, by the response you have gotten, that any one really likes the topic of this thread? No, didn't think so.

do u really think anybody cares about what you think as to why i started this thread? im sure alot of people like this topic so that other people can realize how overrated that song really is and how mediocre of a guitarist herman li is. thats why i started this thread. maybe you dont like it. i think its a discussable topic
Quote by blakefoster937
do u really think anybody cares about what you think as to why i started this thread? im sure alot of people like this topic so that other people can realize how overrated that song really is and how mediocre of a guitarist herman li is. thats why i started this thread. maybe you dont like it. i think its a discussable topic

Well, it appears that you care what I think because you keep replying to what I say. I agree, Herman Li is overrated, but its been said before and there is no need to discuss it. I'm done with this thread, I'm not wasting my time with this anymore.
The fact they have their own signature guitars disgusts me.

Dragon Farce is to shred metal as Fall Out Boy is to punk.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by blakefoster937

Too bad its been discussed to death.
Quote by IronMaiden5
Well, it appears that you care what I think because you keep replying to what I say. I agree, Herman Li is overrated, but its been said before and there is no need to discuss it. I'm done with this thread, I'm not wasting my time with this anymore.

good nobody wants you here
Quote by blakefoster937
upsessed

You don't happen to find dictionaries overrated do you?
Irony FTW.

Quote by The Dance Hat
Technology is completely unnecessary and complicates life.

The Gear

Ibanez XPT 700
Laney Hardcore MXD 30
it suits their style and genre

and it's more successful that any song you wrote
Originally posted by jklsadj;sadjfak
well, green day was at woodstock. so they are classic rock! i told you!
Originally posted by Iluvpowerchords
Pfff Gay people are Fags
Page 1 of 2