Page 1 of 2
Ok im 14 and I smoke usually just ciggerettes.Yeah I know I shouldnt.But its odd because every time I smoke a ciggerette I get light headed and feel weird.But it doesnt happen every now and then it happens every time.So I was wondering does this happen to anyone else and why does it happen?Thanks if anyone knows.
John 5Dimebag DarrelJimi HendrixSlash Foo Fighters

/pacefalm
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
It's because your putting **** meant for adults into your 14-year old baby lungs. Re-bag.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
It's called a nicotine rush. You know how to stop it? Stop smoking.
Party
Pants
In
My
Come
Wanna
You?

Quote by M.B.MetalTabber
clothes, you don't want as much detail as emptybullet gave you now, do you?
Quote by slash457
Ok im 14 and I smoke usually just ciggerettes.Yeah I know I shouldnt.But its odd because every time I smoke a ciggerette I get light headed and feel weird.But it doesnt happen every now and then it happens every time.So I was wondering does this happen to anyone else and why does it happen?Thanks if anyone knows.

Its known as nic-rush or nicotine rush. I usually get a huge one first thing in the morning. The other side of it is that there's less oxygen getting to your brain because of all the carbon monoxide you're inhaling.

Yes, I spotted the inuendo in my post.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by freedoms_stain
It's your common sense dying.

Thats it, right there.
Real eyes realise real lies.
might not be a cigarette...
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
I bet your a skinny kid, or just weak.
I smoke sometimes with friends and drink (socially, still not too much) and never feel light headed.
Hell, ive smoke almost half packet with a friend before and felt normal.
Well here people age faster, ive passed for 16 at some places, maybe thats it.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

why start smoking in the first place? everyone knows you're gonna die from it
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
your ****ing 14, you're still growing. the high is caused by the fact, that you're starving your brain of oxygen
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
lol, why do you think people smoke?

its a cig high, if its too strong its prolly cause youre young/small
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by Popsai
I smoke sometimes with friends and drink (socially, still not too much) and never feel light headed.

You're cool!
its because you just started smoking and your 14 yr old lungs cannot handle the smoke

i just quit smoking and its been good for me ever since
Quote by Popsai

Wow, aren't you a hard ass! Your smoking ability is impressive! According to your analogy, you must be a fat-ass.

Anyways, if it feels like you're getting high off of a cig then it is probably because you're smoking it fast. This combustion in the cig is ****ty so when you inhale it quickly you're consuming a large quantity of chemicals.

So ya it's obviously the nicotine but it's all also all of the other chemicals that are rushing into your system that are screwing you up and making you light-headed.
Quote by Empty_Bullet
It's called a nicotine rush. You know how to stop it? Stop smoking.

Bingo.
'Bacci Buzz'.
You usually get it after not smoking for a while or over-smoking what your used to.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Popsai

There's a simple reason for that in your case, you know.
Just cigarettes? Anyways, that's another topic.

It's because you're only 14, and can't handle it, and yes you are slowly dying. Even some adults can't handle it, and that's why they try to quit (one of the reasons sometimes). Only one way to get rid of that...QUITTING....NOW.
Enjoy the buzz now and then knock it on the head before it gets too hard to quit. Before you know it you're rummaging in the ashtray to finish some butts off when you run out, hacking up black lumps of cr*p in the morning before the breakfast cigarette and wondering why your teeth are yellow. I've been smoking for 14 years and I wish I'd never started.
Nicotine is a drug, that's what makes you light headed. You don't feel it anymore because you've gotten used to it. I've been smoking for years and I usually just get it in the morning and a few hours after work.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Your getting head rushes. Its the nicotine. Keep smoking and it'll stop happening. And if you enjoy it, don't stop just because people on here tell you to.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Its known as nic-rush or nicotine rush. I usually get a huge one first thing in the morning. The other side of it is that there's less oxygen getting to your brain because of all the carbon monoxide you're inhaling.

Yes, I spotted the inuendo in my post.

+1
I breathe air.
Quote by i bleed metal
Wow, aren't you a hard ass! Your smoking ability is impressive! According to your analogy, you must be a fat-ass.

Anyways, if it feels like you're getting high off of a cig then it is probably because you're smoking it fast. This combustion in the cig is ****ty so when you inhale it quickly you're consuming a large quantity of chemicals.

So ya it's obviously the nicotine but it's all also all of the other chemicals that are rushing into your system that are screwing you up and making you light-headed.

Im not fat, but im well built.
And im did not make the post to "look cool" or to make myself look like a "hard ass", its better that the TS keeps out of cigars, and if thats happening to him, then something is wrong.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Just keep smoking...It'll go away only after you smoke a ton. Don't give it up, cool people smoke and you want to be cool right? Only then after you've become a cool smoker can you begin endulging in luxeries such as alcoholism and narcotics use. Smoke weed too...because it's good for you.
All the cool kids in college are chugging anti-freeze, you should try it.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by SkyValley
It's because your putting **** meant for adults into your 14-year old baby lungs. Re-bag.

Cancer:
Just for us adults
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
Quote by shredmeiser101
/pacefalm

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by SlipknotRule93
why start smoking in the first place? everyone knows you're gonna die from it

No one's telling you how to live your life, so your advice is no good here.
lBlUlTlTlSlElClKlSl
My Anti-Drug
For some reason, this reminded me of the scene in Waiting where the guy helps those girls turn on their lighters, and says "Those stupid child proof lighters...".

+1 to anyone who has seen it.
Quote by flyingmonkey17
No one's telling you how to live your life, so your advice is no good here.
This dose of fail didn't need bumping.
Page 1 of 2